1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets engaged with the Grizzlies on deal involving JaMychal Green and Garrett Temple

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 6, 2019.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, 7.6 M for Ja Green and 8M for Temple.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

O'Connor published the article this morning, so I don't think he thinks it's old.

malakas, Fyreball, ChumpCity and 5 others like this.
  3. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

come on, just "engaging", is that thread worthy? Teams "engage" all the time about players. What's up with some of these premature trade rumor threads??!

Drogba likes this.
  4. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Memphis probably wants more than a first and we are reluctant to include 2 firsts. We also don't have any prospects that we can use to sweeten the pot.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

People are desperate bro .

Right now our team is harden and that's it .

It's an awful feeling to think you are wasting the best player in the NBA in his prime .

People just want our roster to improve.

BasketMAD, ramotadab, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

We can throw in House if necessary

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. saleem

I think anyone would elated if this happened. Green and Temple are decent role players, but Knight and Chriss are just horrible right now. The only way that this can happen is with two first rounders and a couple of seconds. Even this seems to be most unlikely to me. The Grizzlies GM must have a lot of faith in Chriss. If we can retain House on top of that, I will be pleasantly surprised.

snowconeman22 and RudyTBag like this.
  9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

This would be a great deal.

Green's a solid rebounder that would shore up the 4 position

And Temple's a solid guy that would add depth.

We need depth and that's what this deal provides.

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  10. saleem

I'm not excited about either player honestly, because they aren't explosive, tough guys. However, they are way better than Knight and Chriss.

Jayzers_100 and tc0330 like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Temple is a good defender with a solid 3 point shot. He has a wingpsan of 7'1 which is just under Trevor Ariza despite being shorter.

Green is someone who can be solid at times on defense and can hit the 3 while playing the 4. He's a good rebounder.

Neither guy is a big get, but both would be rotation players that make us better and would make the defense better. Importantly it would help us at the 4. It's hard to not like that move even if it isn't an earth shaking upgrade.

hakeem94, HP3, Fyreball and 11 others like this.
  12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i agree 100%. im just being negative af cause im jealous of philly right now lol

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

The Rockets are like The Bachelor: They're getting engaged with everybody!

BasketMAD, ramotadab and justtxyank like this.
  14. saleem

I would rather offer them Ennis, and sign House. He is playing somewhat better than 10 games ago.

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Im down for this. At this point, anyone who can actually contribute is worth it. Knight and Chriss are benchwarmers, nothing more.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But who is Mr. or Mrs. Right?

hakeem94, saleem and topfive like this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ahhh haven't read it yet I just thought I heard that rumor prior to today

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. onreego

onreego Member

I think it's less of if it's old versus the same intel he tweeted about a few days ago. So rather, if he's heard it is still ongoing versus intel he received before the Burks info came out?

That being said, both options are likely there in case one goes away.

20. bmd

bmd Member

I posted my thoughts about JaMychal Green in another thread the other day:

Out of the realistic options, I want JaMychal Green.

PJ Tucker is very undersized at PF. He's only 6'5". PJ Tucker's rebounding rate is 9.7, which is 56th out of 63 qualified PF's in the NBA. That's really, really low. JaMychal Green's rebounding rate is 16.1... which puts him at 13th out of 63 qualified PF's.

Considering rebounding is one of the Rockets' biggest needs, he could REALLY help.

Green has size, he can rebound, and he's shooting 39.6% from 3. He's averaging 10 ppg in 22 minutes per game. Tucker averages 8 ppg in 35 minutes. And he can play decent defense.

Per 36:

Green: 16.1 pts, 10.1 reb, 39.6% 3pt%, 1.0 blk, 79% ft%
    Tucker: 8.1 pts, 6.2 reb, 36.9% 3pt%, 0.5 blk, 63% ft%

I'm not suggesting Tucker be replaced, but I think they could split minutes at PF, and depending on match-ups one of them can play more.

Then if they get Danuel House back, that could add some rebounding even more. House has a rebounding rate of 8.0. For comparison, Ariza had a rebounding rate last season of 7.3. If they bring back House, I don't see a reason for another wing defender... especially since the only guys available are small, being only 6'5" or so.

And if they can get DeAndre Jordan, he's 3rd in the league with a rebounding rate of 23.7. Capela is 12th with a rate of 20.6. Faried is 18th among centers with a rate of 18.9.

Rebounding, which has been a huge weakness this season, could then become a huge strength. It would also make the defense a lot better.

So I say trade for JaMychal Green, bring back Danuel House, and hope to get DeAndre Jordan in a buyout. Even without Jordan, Faried has been great