1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets effectively made me not care about NBA in roughly 10 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity3, Nov 16, 2015.

1. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I still check Clutchfans for news, but I think this is pretty remarkable for what McHale and the team have done. I have watched through the three consecutive No.9 seeds and it wasn't even this bad. Landry and Lowry had hearts, what does this team have now?

I rarely start a thread here, but this might be the last until there is any changes in the Rockets organization. I am not even a Houstonian or born in the U.S, but it made me so sad and angry to see them like this.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I haven't even played 2k in weeks.

I usually play multiple times a day, especially on Rockets game days. Team is a total boner kill, I need to watch some real NBA action on ESPN soon m

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

it's called being a fairweather fan

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's definitely hard to watch other teams that actually care for 48 minutes and look like they know what they're doing. Makes me very jealous.

5. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

adam silver is a terrible commishner.. the refs have gotten worse under him

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm with the OP. I haven't watched or kept up with any basketball outside the dumpster fire that is the Rockets for weeks.

Or a big fan of the Rockets.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This team hasn't won a ring in 20 years, nobody here on clutchfans is a fairweather fan.

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Much softer. But why are we talking about the refs? This team is so weak right now.

9. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Certainly discouraging. I've found myself "score watching" on my phone this season a lot more than actually watching.

10. BleedsRocketRed

This is absolutely the worst I have ever felt about the Rockets in the 26 years I have been religiously following the team.

This team has imploded on epic proportions and this season is quickly becoming lost.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I will watch every game no matter what but the life is seeping out of me this season lol.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'd actually call it being a true fan. I haven't missed a Rockets game and don't plan on it, but watching us like this has affirmatively killed my interest in NBA basketball overall. Normally a league pass junkie, but watching other teams is just a cruel reminder of how much we don't look like a professional basketball team right now.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This.

14. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Same. I didn't even care to watch today's game. Just knew they'd lose. This is just stupid. Absolutely stupid.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah i didn't watch tonight because i just figured it would be another loss. checked the score, saw a blowout, moved on with my night.

before you go calling me names or saying im not a real fan, let me add that i've watched every minute of every game of the james harden era, and before that the yao ming era.

the only other time i stopped watching was our 3rd year of being #9. there was nothing to root for, they werent winning and they werent losing enough to get a good rookie. i stopped watching because it was obvious a change was needed, same today.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why should I give two ****s if the players themselves don't give two ****s

I stopped watching basketball in general and avoid all NBA related things in general now.

**** this team, I would rather watch players like Lowry and Dragic actually act like they care about the game

17. Wommy

Wommy Member

Word.

18. Handles

Handles Member

Got home from work late and started the recording.

I accidentally fast forwarded exactly to halftime and the score was right there on the screen - all evened up. Since I already spoiled that much I didn't feel like watching the first half at that point. It was like jumping into a fresh game so I just started from Q3. It was awful basketball.

I didn't even watch the fourth quarter. I saw where the game was headed, so I skipped ahead to about 4 min left and didn't bother to watch the finish after seeing the score at that point.

I love this team so much, but I honestly don't care that I didn't catch the game tonight. I feel like I saved so much of my evening time. It's surprising for me to even read what I just typed considering my feelings for the rockets just one month ago.

Something needs to change because I'm finding this team extremely hard to follow this season. Like others have mentioned, the 3-yr streak of 14th pick was 4x as entertaining as this year. Get it together, Rockets. You're better than this.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When the players doing even try it really makes you feel like a fool for taking 3 hours out of your day to watch them play.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is how I'm feeling. I's been a fan since being a kid when we one the championship, I was still a fan during the Steve Francis years as a teenager so you know I didn't mind losing. But this is just embarrassing. Like I said I never remember the Rockets being booed at home like that before.