1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Draft possiblities

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets11champs, Apr 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rockets11champs

should we stay put at our most possible place of 12 and 17 and draft a G and F/C or trade up for an impact player?
    If tyler zeller falls to 12 should we select him and Terrence ross at 17?
    or Should we draft Rivers at 12 and Leonard at 17?
    so many possiblities for the rockets but should we go defensive or offensive minded heading into the draft?

2. 713

713 Member

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

are the rockets getting the mavs pick this year? or do they have to bad of a record?

im hoping the rockets dont and they end getting a very good pick down the line as dirk ages and they rebuild. long way off though :eek:

4. AFS

AFS Member

I'd take Lamb at 12 over Rivers. Lamb's size and length give him a higher upside. He just needs to get the mental part of the game down and he could be an amazing pro.

5. rockets06

rockets06 Member

No the Rockets won't be getting the Mavs pick this season who currently sit with the 13th best record & needed to be top 10! The Rockets picks currently sit at #13 & # 17, but there's still hope that the NY pick drops to #15, so keeping my fingers crossed on that! But would like to trade up using our pick at #13 to trade up for a top 5 talent & is the NY pick drops to #15 draft C Meyers Leonard!

6. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

just go for upside and best possible. i dont think whoever we draft will even crack the rotation next year

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Realistic Targets

C: Zeller, Leonard, Fab Melo, Ezeli
    PF: Henson, P.Jones, Moultrie
    SF: T.Jones, Jef Taylor
    SG: Tony Wroten
    PG: Tony Wroten

Miracle Targets

Davis, Robinson, Gilchrist, Sullinger, Drummond, Barnes, Lamb, Beal

8. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I can almost guarantee that if we draft a center whether it be Leonard, Zeller, or by a miracle Drummond they'll be in McHale's rotation next year! Don't believe we'll have both Dalembert & Camby back next season.

9. rockets06

rockets06 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hri3JPrYjkA&feature=related

Every year Morey tries to trade up in the draft & as for this year at SG the only players I'd like to get are Rivers & Beal with Rivers being more likely when we're on the clock at #13 with Beal going top 5!

More than likely we re-sign Lee, Dragic leaves, & Lowry remains our starting PG. We could draft Rivers & let him play a 6th man role like Harden playing minutes at SG & PG cause he certainly can handle the ball. Just needs to get his teammates involved more & no when he needs to score. Should definitely look to trade off Martin, Scola, Dalembert, & others for future picks to get these guys involved next season. Coming out of the draft with Rivers & Leonard with the addition Motiejunas would be an A grade draft IMO.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Barnes and Sullinger aren't miracle targets IMO, they're attainable. Which is kind of funny given that they were projected in the top 5 last year.

As for Jeremy Lamb, I think he is a wild-card, he can go as high as top 5 or drop to the bottom of the lottery. Depends how he does at the combine and workouts, along with interviews and psych evaluations.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a foregone conclusion that one or both of these picks are gone. And depending on the mindset of Les morey, along with them most likely go Kyle and/or Kevin Martin. When the dust settles, I'm guessing we end up with the 4th pick (Andre Drummond), Cousins, or Dwight Howard. Sacramento has been on Rockets speed dial for years and has no room at the inn for both these guys....And, Dwight....Well, let's just say the saga continues...It reeks of desperation, but I'm a conspiracy theorist....At the end of the day, it should be safe to assume the Rockets make a deal for a serious 5. (even Gasol) The best choice, and to my way of thinking the hardest to get will be Drummond. If we could somehow grab his combination of YOUTH, TALENT, and SIZE, a true rebuild would be on.

#11 Plowman, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  12. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Terrence Ross or Austin Rivers and Meyers Leonard.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wroten, White, Melo, Terrence Jones, Rivers.