1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets decline team option on Francisco Garcia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oelman44, May 13, 2013.

1. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Delfino is going to be out for a while so I feel it's almost positive he's gone. I could see us waiting on brooks to see if morey moves Lin possibly. A brooks and Beverley back court wouldn't be great unless we have spots 2-5 on lock. I guess a lot depends on the pipe dream of cp and dh.

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

hes gonna come back for the vet minimum

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I thought he was a vital part of the playoff run; hopefully, he will resign for less, but it doesn't look promising.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He'll make more than that.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Unfortunately, I agree on Carlos. He's a bargin at $3 million, but we probably won't take the risk that he's anything less than he was last year.

Brooks isn't a good fit next to Harden. He doesn't bring anything on the defensive end, and similar to Lin, he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. We signed him as insurance, which he provided, and we got the team option because it could only help us.

Parsons, Beverley and Greg Smith are no brainers....we would make other moves to make room for Dwight before letting any of them walk.

Anderson is interesting to me. I think the Rockets believe he can play, but he needs more time to be integrated into the team. Obviously the organization won't let him stand in the way of getting a big time player, but I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up his option. I'd say it's 50/50 right now, but for the sake of argument, lets assume we decline his option.

With Furkan Aldemir supposedly coming over, Ohlbrecht is probably out.

Assuming this is how it plays out, we would have $41.94M committed for next year. If the cap is at $60M, paying someone to take White and trading Greg Smith for a 2014 2nd gets us right at a max salary for Dwight.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He will get better offers than the Room Exception. It is not likely that he will return. Very few role players would take less money just to play for a team they like.

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I think Delfino at $3M team option is as good of a deal as we'll get for the type of player/caliber he is. It will obviously depend on his injury and what the doctors make of it but I think Carlos has earned himself a spot on this team.

Not sure who else we could get for $3M with his outside shooting skills and talent--not even sure if Garcia would come back for $3M--which (in my mind) is an acceptable trade-off for Delfino.

Any rate, hopefully Murey keeps the majority of the team together. Its time to grow team chemistry and keep the young core together. I hope they add one more impact player (be it dwight, cp3, jsmith whatever) but keep harden-asik-parsons (and yes, maybe Lin!!).

Youngest team in the league will only get better--here's to keeping the chemistry in tact

8. jocar

jocar Member

:( Come back (for less dinero0 after we get AS numero dos

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Now bring up back on board.

10. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I think Garcia wants to come back, loves it in Houston, and I don't see him as a money chasing guy so he might resign pretty cheap on Morey's terms.

11. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Unfortunate but expected. I think he showed a lot in the playoffs and will probably be snatched up by some team. It would be great to have him back at a cheaper number, but I think he'll be in enough demand that he won't be available by the time the Rockets have settled other FA questions.

He may well be willing to re-sign for a lower contract, but not if it means waiting out Dwight Howard, CP3, Mystery PF free agent plans. He needs to secure himself a contract first, instead of risking being left with nothing if the Rockets don't have room for him after their free agency plans are done.

So if the Rockets do have room because Howard/CP3/Mystery PF fell through, Garcia won't still be around. His playoff exhibition means some team will snatch him up before then, even if it's for a cheaper contract that Morey would more than be willing to pay, assuming there's free cap leftover. It's the timing that's the problem.

12. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Is the first day of free agency / trades after June 30th?

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A name to look for the Lakers to pursue this offseason: Francisco Garcia. LAL tried to trade Vujacic for him when Garcia was with SAC</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/333331906970144768">May 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Are we having to pay someone scola's contract? Haven't been factoring that in and I just saw it on hoops hype salary list. That 5 mill is doing some damage to us.

If I were morey i would trade all rookies except t jones, keep parsons, smith and try to keep near max space. I'm positive we can pay up to get in the first round but we have to get rid of white and that's prob gonna require another one our 4's. I know some ppl don't believe we can get Howard or cp but just a few yrs ago remember no one wanted to go to the nets or the clippers. I really think this offseason is gonna be good for htown.

15. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Good bye cisco!

Why do it so early? they had til June 30?
    Guess there is no chance.

Next up... Delfino and Brooks

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I got it. Its so early because we have a secret deal to resign him for the MLE!

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We all knew this was coming, but it's too bad. He really showed up for us in the playoffs. Wish him the best.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I hope we get him back.

The average fan fails to realize what Cisco brings to the locker room.

Check his rep in SacTown...consistent locker room pro.

I love his game...not afraid of anyone or to take big shots.

Sometimes, I prefer his shots over Delfino's. Carlos becomes hesitant when he should shoot whereas Cisco has a quick trigger.

This can be a downfall for a lot of players, but at least you know what to expect when he gets on the floor.

I hope Morey signs him.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Garcia and Delfino are both good pieces but with their age (32 & 30), I believe Morey really wants to pick up some younger talent with more upside. Can't believe I'm old enough to be considered old in the NBA.

SMH - Life flys by fast.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Depending on how much Allen wants, I could see Garcia as the perfect SF for Memphis on say $4m per. He can disrupt Durant somewhat, solid defender and he can shoot 3's, he's pretty much a perfect fit for that team.