1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Death Lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eslate22, Jan 3, 2017.

1. eslate22

eslate22 Member

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Looks nice, but they probably aren't solid enough defensively for that to be a viable high usage lineup. I would love to be wrong! Plus if you score a 130 points and they only score 129 you still win right?. Now a Milsap in that lineup somewhere could be a game changer. Too bad that is highly unlikely.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anderson, Harden and Gordon played some pretty good defense down the strech to win that game against the wizards.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There is a reason they only played 22 mins total so far.....

saving it for the playoff :D

5. eslate22

eslate22 Member

if we are scoring 130 i'd like to think 9/10 times that would be enough to win a game regardless of defense... and at what point this season are we just going to accept the defense for what it is... it has lapses but when they need stops they get them... i truly believe not one team other than GS could keep up with a line up that can put that production up (and i'm not saying they will sustain these numbers, but i would expect close to it)

KDavis, BigMaloe and vator like this.
  6. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

[​IMG]

7. vator

You're right. They have at times been better than advertised on defense and this wasn't the first time. I have been pleasantly surprised at times with their grit and determination. That said, could you imagine a lineup of or some iteration of...

Beverley
    Gordon
    Harden
    Ariza
    Milsap

or

Beverley
    Gordon
    Harden
    Anderson
    Milsap

PhiSlamma15 and DreamShook like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

yes those are the 5 best players on the team.

Williamson, Tha_Dude and vator like this.
  9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Not sure you saw one of my posts earlier that talked about this death lineup but either way your on point...podcast below digs into the Death Lineup possibilities in the playoffs. This should be an interesting thread =)

BigMaloe and eslate22 like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OOoooh so you're saying there might be a scenario where Rockets could have Milsap on the team without relinquishing Anderson? Yeah, I'm down for all of that!

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

no rebounding but won't need any cause they hitting errything...

12. eslate22

eslate22 Member

ahh i did not see that... and i'm sure there are other "death lineups" we can put out there, this was the only one i saw with stats backing it up... i bet there is some lineup involving capela that's leathal on both ends of the court

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Wow. Well you're definitely onto something elstate22...you'll enjoy the podcast when they start discussing it as well as how Capela is/can be part of the lineup

14. eslate22

eslate22 Member

nice! i'll listen to it now! it would make sense that capela could be apart of a lineup... we have been missing the lob city aspect of this offense since he's been out, although trez has played very well... just haven't seen it as much lately and it just makes sense with the defensive end since we struggle getting defensive boards... capela will be a nice fresh addition once he gets back.. speaking of capela, any update on him? i know we are coming close to the 4 week number

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anderson isn't the best rebounder, but I think he is underrated. Harden and Ariza are also better rebounders than they get credit for.

16. vator

Well let's run that lineup out there a little more and see what happens. Then again, playing that lineup means Tyler Ennis might have to get minutes because our top 3 guards are running together. That's scares me.

I'm not in favor of trading Anderson for Sap. Sap make 20 million though so it's hard getting there money wise without another team, but Morey gets paid enough money to figure out the details.

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

the last I heard is sometime this month he should be back on the court and that his rehab is going very good but I'm hoping we get a more firm update in the coming days and we def miss the Lob City dimension Capela brings and shot blocking!

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't the whole "lineup of death" phrase originate with GSW? If so, can we drop it? I don't have a good reason - I just don't like GSW.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Its too bad we can't play the best guy's all the time. I suppose that is the reason for putting a scorer like Gordon with the second unit.

20. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member