1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dealing for Bogans (UPDATE: Bogans-Baxter deal completed)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gucci888, Feb 9, 2006.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Rockets near deal for Bogans

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

The Rockets moved close to a deal to acquire Keith Bogans from the Charlotte Bobcats as soon as today, three individuals within the NBA who had knowledge of the deal said Wednesday.

Bogans, a 6-5 forward/guard who is signed through this season, would offer a strong defender and another catch-and-shoot option.

The Bobcats, devastated with front-court injuries, would likely seek Lonny Baxter in the deal, but because they are under the salary cap, they would not have to make the salaries match.

The Rockets could trade a player with a greater salary or use a trade exception they still hold from last season to make the trade.

Bogans has averaged 8.3 points on 39.1 percent shooting in his three seasons. He played in Orlando with the Rockets' Tracy McGrady and Juwan Howard as a rookie out of Kentucky in the 2003-04 season.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3646662.html

2. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Bogans is a strong primeter defender who has the ability to knock down the 3 point shot.great deal if we get bogans.

3. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Hmm, he seems to be injured right now but he sounds like an interesting bench player. My first reaction is that we don't really need another guard that shoots under 40%.

4. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

I wonder whether that's why there is lack of effort, according to JVG (from the posts in game thread, I think), because some players know they will be traded.

5. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

um is there a 6 ' 5 center any team has. the rockets might get him too!then we can 6 5 at every position!!!

6. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Well I guess we now know why Barry and DA have not been activated yet. :confused:

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The rockets want his Primeter defense more then anything else. his shot is important too, but were in seriouse need of an good Atheletic primeter defender.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

THANK GOD!

9. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

bet he starts if sura plan dont work out

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I wished we could have snared Gerad wallace, but bogans is a good defender. so, i'm not to dissapointed.

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Guess I'll do this before anyone else...

SPLASH!!

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

What does this say for JB and DA? They couldn't get off of the IR as it was.

13. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

please dont tell me were giving up our one deadeye 3 shooter, DA can go though

14. bigdawgtt

bigdawgtt Member

Wow....I can't believe people are getting excited about Keith Bogans. Barry, DA, Sura are all better than Bogans.

15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Wesley just doesn't have the height to defend taller 2-guards. We saw that in the second half tonight against Kobe. It's just too easy to shoot over the top of him. I remember Bogans as a dynamic scorer from his Kentucky days. He was very athletic and excellent on the fast break.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Barry can't defend a ball rack, man. Neither can DA and Sura hasn't played one minute this season. And Sura wasn't even a mediocre defender last season.

We need a bigger, more athletic player that can defend the perimeter. Bogan is a fit.

17. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

So whose minutes would Bogans be taking? I'm assuming this puts Head at the end of the bench and Wesley is as good as gone...maybe JVG plans to go with Anderson and Bogans at the 2-guard spot? It just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me...we need an outside shooter or a legit backup PG, not another 6'5" tweener...

18. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Can we get Kareem Rush too?!

19. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

So, is this good news or bad news?

20. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member