1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' current Issues

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sane, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Sane

Sane Member

The way I see it, there aren't many. But here are the major ones:

1) Hakeem

It's an ISSUE, not a problem. We should NOT trade Hakeem. Hakeem didn't complain early cause he thought he'd get more touches, but then discovered that he was wrong. Naturally, instead of demanding the ball and destroying the Francis-Mobley offense, he's asked to be cut loose or traded. It's very ogical cause that way, hakeem we won't be trying to run two different systems all season long, and Hakeem, who wants to play more than 20 minutes/game will get his wish. Why is everyone so hurt by this? If he leaves, we will be doing him a favour, repaying him for aqll that he's done. Why won't u let it be a "Thank you for everything, here's your retirement gift, and good luck whatver you want to do", instead of "Thanks for turning your back on us"... He's done his part, and it's just time for both parties to seperate..It's for the best. Now, since we all already know that none of this will happen, it's obviuosly beneficial to us. you see, next year, when we pay MO 8 out of 12 million of our capspace, we can use the remaining four milion plus walt to bring in another player in signing and trading Hakeem. We know we're gonna win in this situation, so everyone just calm down.

2) Defense

It seems like after every game that the Rocks play good defense, they reward themselves with a no-defense game. Mo is obviously trying hard on D. So is KT. it crosses Mobley's mind sometimes. Steve has more things to worry about right now. Shandon is really the only one playing D. But if everyone on the team sets their mind on it, I think we can hold opponents to 90 per game.

3) Injuries

nothing to say really, we're just unlucky. But Golden State aren't complaining, so....

4) Mobley

Someone, prefferably francis, needs to talk to Mobley and tell hi to play CALMLY. If he just toes it down a LITTLE bit, I am sure that he will stop chucking shots. H just needs to be told, by Rudy or Francis.

So, I think, as someone else said, we need another team meeting.

Thoughts anyone?

------------------