1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets current 10 man rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Merla08, Mar 16, 2012.

1. gah

gah Member

To those who think Lee will start over a healthy K-Mart, I don't want what you are smoking.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would say if that is true them Morey and Mchale must have some decent level of confidence in the man's handle.

3. allanivan

allanivan Member

100% agreeļ¼cbudinger is doing a lot better now with the old role he use to have. Come off the bench with second unit and give us 10-15pts. I think he may crack into the rotation more in the second half of the season

4. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Looks like we have a new point forward.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's a solid ball handler, but sometimes he tries to do too much. His passing skills are very good for his size, and the ability to finish at the rim as well will really keep defenses on their toes when he drives. My sig relates to this as well.:grin:

6. valorita

valorita Member

link?

7. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Then vs Now

How would this lineup today fare with out current lineup?

Obviously Camby is retired, but Dragic, Morris, Parsons, Lee, and Patterson would be a good team.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Much much deeper rotation buttt..no pure scorer

Add Harden to this team and wait for the final

9. Ghost_of_Akeem

That lineup would be a perennial 10th or 11th best in the western conference. At best they would be as good as Phoenix is now.

You don't win in this league without all-stars and that team has none.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Not a single player mentioned in this post from 2.5 years ago is even a Rocket anymore...

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LOL.

Some people here were ready to jump off the ledge for at least 3 of those players, if not more.

Would love to have Lowry back, but he's the leader for a very good Toronto team.

Parsons situation is well-known.

Dragic can't seem to do well when he plays off the ball. Not sure he fits next to Harden.

12. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Dragic can shoot the ball and play make, he'll do fine next to Harden, and he'll also take over the team when Harden sits, keeping the offense going.

If Morey can pull off a Dragic trade *'Soon'* and fix up the backup C spot we could DEFINATELY be contenders this year.

Dragic into TPE for NO 1st round pick and rights to Llull +maybe a 2nd round pick or 2.

Terry+Dorsey+Canaan+2nd rounders for Mozgov

Beverley/Dragic
    Harden/Dragic/Daniels
    Ariza/Papanikolou/Harden
    Jones/D-Mo
    Howard/Mozgov/Black

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Would Dragic come off the bench?

He's only shooting 31% from 3 this year and 36% for his career. He's also not a good defender.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

canaan showed me something last game that i didn't know he could do:

1) play defense - this one is big because we know he can shoot. if he becomes a plus defender then he would be a good 3&D rotation player.

2) create for others - this one is also important because we lost 2 playmakers last year in lin and parsons. canaan is the second best on the team at creating off the dribble, but he's a weak passer and strong shooter, so naturally he looks to create for himself. last game we saw him create for other's by getting in the paint at will and kicking it back out.

if he keeps up those 2 things, we don't need another backup pg. we just need one more bigman to replace dorsey and black in the 10 man rotation.

15. rocketsmetalspd

I agree with you on this one. Rockets should look to only get backup C in the interm. Let Canaan continue to grow into being the number 1 pg off the bench. I can't believe he was not getting any minutes once Beverley was back from his injury. Beverley being out again has been a blessing for Canaan being able to play once again.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dragic would start, in my opinion. He wouldn't come here to be a 6th man, and I wouldn't want him to. The guy's shooting woes are directly related to the confused situation the Suns have at the 1 (also my opinion, of course). I think it reflects Dragic's unhappiness with his ill defined role there. In Houston, he'd be the starting point, would be a tremendous fit with Harden on the floor (and our ball movement would be crazy good), would allow McHale to reduce Harden's minutes, and he needs reduced minutes with his vastly improved defense taking so much energy. As for Goran's defense? He's not a great defender, but he's a plus defender. He's decent, and with everything else he would bring to the table, I'll take his decent defense. :)-