1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets.com Article: A Glimpse of Greatness

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/glimpse-greatness

It's a great read. I like the first video, for people saying McHale's offense sucks, that was a pretty nice drawn up play.

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

1st video: Clip1. Nice play, need more of that. Clip2: Looks like freelancing and the defense not paying attention

2nd video: Ya, pushing the ball is a good idea.

3rd video: Clip1: Very nice counter to previous actions. Clip2: Well executed early offense, but few defenses play the pick&roll that soft.

4th video: Clip1: I want to see more re-screens and hand-off options. That one pinch post play with Harden where they cleared out the side was money for the Thunder. Would love to see that one integrated. Batum is over-helping here, though. Clip2: Early offense, slot p&r. Big fan. Need to run more of it.

For those who missed it in the Morris thread, I broke down some tape from the Pistons game myself.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oAGY3Dp-xv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Rockets did a good job of involving the Pistons bigs in pick&rolls, but it's probably important to note is that the Pistons play most pick&rolls soft and do a pretty bad job preventing penetration. I suspect most teams will mostly show hard/hedge or trap whenever they can against this Rockets team.
    Letting the screens get set higher and/or setting back-picks instead of side-picks might help to counter some of this.

1 person likes this.
  3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

What song plays in that video? Really diggin' it

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

M83 - Midnight City

1 person likes this.
  5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

midnight city but my personal fav is Lupe Fiacos - End of the world

good read btw...

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sorry, I missed this thread before. Yes, very good read.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeah, I really trust Rockets.com to call out how awesome their coach's plays are. Because, of course, they are in no way or manner biased about the public perception of the person they are paying millions to coach the team. :rolleyes:

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

First play in 1st vid is a Dribble Weave. Jason F could have used less words to explain it. It's less a great "play" as it is an example of the defense overplaying Harden.

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Good read , we should stop so many iso plays and focus on more team oriented plays