1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench players are 2nd - 4th leading scorers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Apr 24, 2017.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

Through 4 games now: It's Harden of course leading the team, but then Lou, EG and Nene as the next 3 highest scorers for our team. I think this shows how much OKC has scouted out Capela, Anderson and Ariza to try and neutralize them.

Good thing we got all 3 of these guys since last years playoffs. Makes a huge difference to be able to kill other teams with our 2nd unit.

Invisible Fan and RudyTBag like this.
  2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Anderson wasn't scouted out. So far as I can tell, he's just missing. Though he's playing slightly better in the last two.

ramotadab and Balldon'tlie like this.
  3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Gordon and Lou averaged more than everyone else in the regular season as well. Part of the reason our bench has been so good is that we stagger our talent.

4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Yep, if anything their scouting has left them to put their worst defender on Ryan to hide him.

5. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Anderson is simply trash.

Capella is being neutralized becasue he can't keep up with the OKC bigs. We NEED ONAKU!

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Capela played really well in the first two games. I think he's just more of a home-arena player. We're probably gonna need him on Tuesday. His defense is invaluable to this team.

7. hakeemthagreat

Be fair now, Anderson is not trash bro. He's played like trash but I think he'll pop up next series with a few clutch 3's

TheMystery008 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gordon and Louis Williams were a constant 3rd point threat in the regular season. Nene has been the best big for quite some time.

Anderson, Ariza and Capela had their games but nobody impacted the wins as much as the above mentioned in recent games.

Ariza and Capela did well in the beginning of the season. Anderson just had a good game in 5 or 10 games.

This was a clear writing on the wall IMHO. Beverley being the HC enforcer Wolverine.

#8 daywalker02, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If and when the p***y Rhno hits some shots, Rockets should blow out OKC. Hopefully next game

BigShasta likes this.
  10. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Some metrics reflecting our starters' woes. Related to Capela's struggle and the benches' stepping up.

Jayzers_100 and ramotadab like this.
  11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Harden, Lou, and EG on the floor at the same time. Just too many holes to plug, defensively.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now THAT deserves its own thread.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It also makes me happy that Lou can finally play well with both guys on the floor with him.

14. HookemHorns1250

Love me some Bev... but there's no reason when Harden is out that Lou should not be running the offense.

Too many times Bev is seen trying to run the pick and roll and it just doesn't work. Lou or Gordon have to be the creators.

htownrox1 likes this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Lou and EGo are the 2 best offensive efficiencies out of ANY players in the playoffs averaging over 20 minutes. Bench or starters.

http://on.nba.com/2k8wAC3

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

How many times must we spell out this dude's name. It's Capellla people! Clllint Capellla.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hadn't seen a late fourth quarter double digit run to close out a playoff game since dream