1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets bargain hunting now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I can deal with it. I just want to add some defense and rebounding to the 4-spot to balance out his deficiencies. In Morey i trust!

2. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Hawks released him last week.

If Dunleavy was good.....he wouldn't be cheap now would he.

Richard Jefferson sucks
    JaVale MeGee sucks
    Deron Williams sucks
    Derrick Williams sucks
    Channing Frye sucks
    Pachulia sucks

When you cap out you have to settle for cheap alternatives.

The key is that Houston has to stay under the hard cap of about $114 mil.....then add filler (pieces)

.............Zone..3P%.......Lt Corner............Rt Corner..........Above the Break.......
    Dunleavy.(2016/17).....41.7 (10-21)......41.7 (10-21)............36.3 (33-91)...........

Catch-n-Shoot(2016/17)........3PA...........3PM...........3P% (w/CnS).........eFG%...
    ..................................................2.1.............0.9.............42.0.......................59.6.......
    Houston does a lot of PnR with kick outs to "Catch-n-Shoot(ers)"

....................all around 3P%........(3PM-3PA)..........................FT%...........DRtg w/Atl.....................
    w/Atl(2016/17)..............42.9%......(1.1-2.6).............................84.6%.........109...(equal to that in 2015/16 w/Bulls)

Not asking Dunleavy to start. Just play a little SF/PF in an emergency. Morey has wanted Dunleavy for years.
    Morey gets his guy. Melo as well. Melo probably cost the Rockets Millsap. Just my opinion.

#82 Jatman20, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Dunleavy sucks ok

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well if there's one guy who's going to demand Anderson gives 100% it's Chris Paul. Hey, maybe Chris can get his scoring back up to the 18 - 20 pt range. It's not like Ryan Anderson can't. The dude can hit from anywhere.

BigMaloe, Gorki, RocketWalta and 2 others like this.
  5. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

You forget Atlanta used Dwight Howard as a main focus. If you weren't Millsap....you looked bad.

You just don't know basketball

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I like the idea of the BAE not being used until later when buy outs happen and Morey is in the a good position offer that to have an advantage over the other contenders.

I do not believe Morey is going to hang on to those NGteed contracts past their dates of guarantee. What would be the point to spend money on them for the nature of those contracts and then let them become useless, given that you traded for the contracts and not the player themselves. Makes no sense... we essentially have until the 7th to do something with scrub Ryan Kelly's contract. I do not believe Morey for one second when he says that he is going to go into the season with his arsenal of TPEs... yeaaa ok, DM... ok

I think this Melo thing might drag on a little bit. The fact of the matter is this. Carmelo Anthony holds all the cards. NYC has no leverage. All this bogus story about them wanting draft picks, young talent for MELO is stupid. Melo has chosen 2 teams, these 2 teams do not have any of those things....... so it will come down to either you trade him and get his salary off your books, you go into the season with a disgruntled Melo, or you end up swallowing the money and buying him out. I think the choice for the NY Knicks is pretty easy one. We just have to wait......... and ROCKETS have to find a 3rd team smh or even a fourth. I have said this forever, since we got Ryan, he was going to be one of the MOST TOXIC contractsin the NBA, i didn't think it was going to be nuclear waste.

The market is drying up quick and good teams do not have that much money to spend anymore..... so the Vets that want to min could be looking for smaller deals now..... or if they wants to get paid go to the scrubs of the world like suns and nets. We will see.......

In conclusion, rejoice.... we are better than we were last season, we have a good GM who doesnt show his cards to the world so take what he is saying with a grain of salt........ Sunny days are ahead.!!! Rejoice.

P.S. Rednation and clutchfans and Rockets twitter should get back to their normal lives and get away from their f5 buttons.... the world is passing us by.... this might take a while.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

@Codman any rumblings about Jumpman pairing Ryno up with his old Orlando teammate?

BigMaloe, DonKnock, BamBam and 3 others like this.
  8. hvic

hvic Member

So is BBrown still on the team? Lol

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Would like Bobby Brown back and would be very interested in Mario Chalmers on a 1 year min deal.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I liked the Ryan Anderson signing last year, he's a good 3 PT shooter, but getting Melo for him would have been a huge upgrade. Not surprised the Knicks refused to take him without getting picks. Glad, even though I wanted PG13, that we didn't get rid of Eric Gordon, he was awesome last season, love the roster so far. Would love to move Ryan Anderson for the right guy, but doubt anyone takes his deal on.

I like this roster right now:

C- Capela
    PF- Anderson
    SF- Ariza
    SG- Harden
    PG- Paul

Bench:

C- Nene
    C- Onuaku
    SF- Tucker
    SG- Gordon

Then develop Zhou Qi

Need a backup 4, and a backup PG.

Y2JT likes this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

COD is such a damn gangsta. Dude str8 ignores the "paging codman" thread and spreads his nuggets put as he pleases. Blessing his people with little morsels and tidbits to get us through to our next fix. @Codman is a modern day Messiah and it's not even close. I love you.

DonKnock and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

This squad is still one of the best in the league. No one is going to touch Golden State though. Find two other recent MVP's in their prime to put together. You cant outside of maybe Westbrook and LeBron and Westbrook didn't deserve his.

14. rockpileindisma

You must be on that King James Version or something but I like it

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I like how Morey put it out there that we are playing the waiting game instead of just filling out the roster now. Someone may just fall into our laps. I'm sure other players are looking at our roster and saying, "Rockets got a team, I wouldn't mind taking less to play with CP3 and Harden".

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Let's get BEASLEY!!!!!
    Haha I know he wouldn't help us much but I loved when we had him.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

zach randolph and tony allen?

18. j@amc

j@amc Member

I really think we'll find a partner for Anderson because Morey is shopping something that everyone wants.

I know, I know . . . many of you think Anderson is worthless. He clearly has his limitations, and we all know what those are. But I'd like to remind everybody about the GM priority list in free agency:
    1. Stars
    2. Two-way players (who might become superstars)
    3. Size
    4. Gritty team oriented defenders (either on-the-ball or shot blockers)
    5. Shooting
    6. Players with "potential" (some kind of elite NBA skill, other than shooting)
    In this era of metrics and fantasy leagues, shooting is rising up the charts. It even trumps size and quality defenders in some minds.

Our trade will come when a few more of the "stars" and two-way players come off the market. Once the Summer League is in full swing, GMs will remember how poor a shooting league the NBA really is. And at that point, the takers for Ryan Anderson will come back to the table.

The real wild card is this crazy buyout possibility for Carmelo Anthony. The idea that the NYK might lose Carmelo for nothing to Cleveland has to be infuriating. Since no one seems willing to give them a star, or draft picks, or a two-way player, or size, they may be forced to settle for peanuts (some combination of #4-6 listed above).

With the relationship as frayed as they are on that team, I'm not sure they can play a season with this sort of turmoil. If they are going to build around Porzingis, they need to move Anthony.

In the end, the last thing NYK can risk at this point is becoming Atlanta--losing player after player with nothing to show for it.

Corrosion and bumbum09 like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's some real Rockets truth

Yaosthirdleg, DonKnock and yixiixiy like this.
  20. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Quick background. Grew up in LA . A San Diego Rocket fan from day one. Agree with the above. We have a solid 8 rotation. Do not want Melo. Just no! Paul will be enough of a headache on the floor, dont need a cancer in the locker room.

Presently, live in Fort Worth. Hate Cuban. I kinda like Uthoff. Between the DLeague and last 7 games of the Mavs season, this guy looked good. Dekker 2.0. Has a Dirk like step-back jumper. A more willing AND able defender than Sam. He's sneaky. Plus as pointed out in another post all of the availables, Dunleavy, D Williams and such are dead weight. With the CP signing our roster is already getting too old.

Remember this time last year, after a 41-41 season, Clutch Fans shrieking, we only got worse with Gordon and Anderson. Hey look, 55 wins.

Not saying our current roster can duplicte that. But i never thought this years teams would produce 55 wins.

Clutch, AB83Rules and JD88 like this.