1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are trading Michael Carter-Williams today (UPDATE: Dealt to Chicago)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Chamillionaire

Hard to feel sorry for anyone making millions of dollars playing basketball. He'll be ok.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Easy come, easy go

3. alethios

alethios Member

I did not need to read that - now I really feel bad for MCW :(

jcf, ramotadab and Little Bit like this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

MCW needs a Horry like epiphany. If you are going to go down, go down shooting the ball. He shoots decently, he just needs to be confident in his shot and let them fly when open.

napalm06, jcf and saleem like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He needs to work on his jump shot, if he can learn to shoot he can make millions, this is 100% on him.

DD

ramotadab likes this.
  6. jcf

jcf Member

Really want Knight to do well now too.

saleem and alethios like this.
  7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I actually don't the shooting was the main problem. I think Morey envisioned him in "the Livingston role", versatile big PG that has some weaknesses. The problem was more that a) his defense was poor and lacked discipline and b) he was completely out of control on drives much like Ennis (and Brewer before them). He never really emerged as a reliable playmaker or defender and didn't really seem to take advantage of his size in any way. My guess is that he's played PG previously partially because he is incapable of playing other positions. He does have good quickness and ball handling for his size but his passing and decision making is mediocre.

I don't think he becomes a sharp shooter any time soon. His next chance will be if he can transform himself into a stopper. He has all the tools for it.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Great news for Tilman! Won't have to pay salary for any new rookie class in 2020. LTS for da win

saleem and Jontro like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

moneez saved for tillmen is always a good thing. I'm happy for the boss