1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets Alert] Dwight Howard has missed more free throws this year than...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Apr 4, 2013.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

... Steve Nash in his entire career

Dwight already has 332 misses from the stripe in just 69 games this season. Nash has 322 in his entire 16 year career in - just imagine that - 1202 games

Are you sure that Howard horrendous FT shooting would compelement well in Rockets high-scoring game?

Don't forget that FT misses slows the offensive tempo of your opponent because their bigs should box-out, secure the rebound, give it to their guard and only after that they will go their offensive sets

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Have you noticed our center is also horrendous at FTs, and Hack-an-Asik is right around the corner unless he is able to improve.

You never turn down a chance to get a superstar, I believe a healthy Dwight makes the Rockets a championship contender instantly and gives us another solid contributor when we flip Asik.

1 person likes this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I was just about to type this.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And Asik has missed more passes in the post than Yao. Your point?

1 person likes this.
  5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Omer is on 5 to 8 M per year deal, you can live with his liabilities at this wage. Dwight would sign a 100 million 5 year deal (per Sign-and-Trade), or a year shorter deal on basic free agency

That a heck of a difference

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Asik (.524) is doing better than Howard (.486) this season. As long as you make more than .500, the hacking tactic won't work.

7. haydenfisher342

Asik >Howard. (Likeability wise)

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This comment makes no sense? A FT misses results in slower pace than a FT make?

I'd be shocked if there was any statistically significant correlation between a FT miss and make on the 2nd free throw (or and-one) changing the pace of your opponent.

9. what

what Member

What the rockets need is a player they aren't likely to get: namely Anthony Davis. You put Anthony Davis next to Asik and Harden and you'd have a core.

Dwight Howard isn't really going to help that much.

10. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

:rolleyes:

Lol.

11. what

what Member

Yeah he, Kobe Nash and Gasol (all players that are/have been) better than Harden and the Lakers are struggling to get into the playoffs. I'm not sure what you are exactly thinking he's going to do for your team.

Howard is old, son and he isn't got a fountain of youth somewhere.

12. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Yes, everyone is all over Howard for just not being up to par this year! Oh wait... he's still outperforming Asik, except for in the FT department, where both are abysmal.

13. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Yep, when free throw is made, your bigs are running on the other side of the floor and they are ready to set any type of screens, but you have to wait for them when they are securing the rebound on ft misses. It hurts a lot on early pick-n-roll offense and turning early offensive sets not even into semitransition. The tempo is much closer to halfcourt

14. Gertso

Gertso Member

I'll take the one that's a real manly man.

15. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

When opposing team is shooting free throw you have SF, PF and C all under your basket. On a made shot only one of them goes baseline to inbound, two others are running. On FT miss - they all have to secure the damn ball

That is the case

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Don't feed the troll. His team's core consists on 2nd round playoff fodder. Grizz probably don't even make it out of the first.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What do we learn from this stat? Nothing... we already knew Nash rarely gets to the line. Not getting to the line is a weakness, one that Morey does not appear to be fond of.

I will always take the guy that can get to the line over the guy that can't. FTA and FTM > FT% for approximately 99% of all minutes played.

I don't like Howard's personality at all. I think he might have injury issues. But I will not turn my back on the notion of acquiring him when he's clearly the best player at his position when healthy.

18. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

Not very effective at all..

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Your name is quiet fitting, after I read your posts I find myself saying

"what?"

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

quite* :p