1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rockets ain't gonna make to playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caveman, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Caveman

Caveman Member

I saw last night's Hou-LA game here in LA. While Lakers are playing terribly, I have to say I was shocked to see how bad Rockets are as a team. At important times the only thing they do is ISOLATION. Do they have any other plays? I am not suprised, since I have known how Rudy coaches. He SUCKS!

[This message has been edited by Caveman (edited November 13, 2000).]

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

If you have 2 of the best one on one players in the game then you should have some Isolations but not everytime up the court. And why does Cuttino take all the shots in the 4th quarter and everybody just stands there and watches? Is it too late to sign Rodman [​IMG]

3. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Must be all the "bad coaching" from RT, I keep hearing about????????

Yep that's it for sure.

Rudy cannot coach a team to play within itself and contain the likes of (arguably) the best center in the league today.

14 minutes. 6 fouls. No Cato. Dream and Collier. Yep, must be the bad coaching I keep hearing about from some these other experts, Lil Francis.

[​IMG]

------------------

4. Valio!

Valio! Member

It's funny how after every time the Rockets beat the Lakers over the past two years, Phil Jackson is typically quoted as saying the Lakers played terribly..as if the Rockets were simply front seat observers to a Laker implosion. MAybe they play like crap against the Rockets because the Rockets make them do that...and, for the sake of argument, even if the Rockets aren't responsible for the lakers demise, you would think a championship team like the Lakers would make a point to end a trend of consistantly not doing well against the Rockets. So, no, this "lakers werent playing up to their potential" excuse that always comes out just doesnt sit well with me...

------------------

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Hey caveboy,

How come you didn't show up after last week's game with the laker's ? huh....yea that's what I thought.

------------------
    p.s. YOU suck

[This message has been edited by DAROckets (edited November 13, 2000).]

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, if we get one of these threads after every Rockets loss, we're look at maybe... oh, I would say...37 threads... [​IMG]

------------------
    She hates testicles, thus limiting the men she can admire to Democratic
    candidates for president.
    -- John Greenway, "The American Tradition", on feminist
    Elizabeth Gould Davis

7. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Caveman is right-we aren't going to the playoffs this year unless some things change. We can't play the Lakers every night, and if we did we'd be a .500 team.

But I still think that the guy is a dick. Always b****ing and never offering solutions or suggestions to make the team better.

So Caveman, are you a fan, and if so, of what team? Reply, please.

------------------
    Vice-president of the Jason Collier Police

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Ok, we are just 8-games into the season, so there is no point in talkin about them NOT makin the playoffs just cause they lose a game! Here's what I have seen so far: The Rocks have DEFINITE potential, but are defnitely lacking in a few areas, such as teamplay (lets not run ISO's all the time). They have proven they can hang with the best (Minnesota comeback). They have proven they can beat the best (Lakers). But they still have a long way to go to BE the best (Clippers loss?!). I believe the ROckets have a definite potential to shake things up in the playoffs (but not go all the way). Right now, though, i am unsure about them making the playoffs. Im not saying they wont or will, just unsure at the moment (for one cause the season is still early).

And Valio!, i TOTALLY hear ya! Im tired of hearing that crap from Phil Jackson.

------------------

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

portland is not three times better than us. i dont think they will win a title with the kind of team they have(too much depth and not enough proven scorers). Its stil too early to say they arent playoff-bound.

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

FYI: 1999-2000 8th seed was Kings at 44-38. A whopping 3 games above .500 (.537) and one game behind the Sonics at 45-37.

------------------
    GATER

11. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Heh,heh. If Kobe's one on one iso's weren't there, the score would have been a twenty point Rocket victory so chill yourself cavedweller.

I was at the game too. Shaq was owned inside. Kobe lived at the line with every petty hand touch that came near him. KT was audibly slapped several times without a call, and give me a break, but Kobe Wan Knobe palms the ball and pushes off with his off-hand on virtually every one of his sweep drives.

It never ceases to amaze me how the Laker fans always have a ready excuse for any team that outplays them. The Lakers played terribly because they were out coached. Again. You had no answer for our matchups during the meat of the game.

Make no mistake, the Championship LA Lakers were almost beaten by a very tralented team. I love it when they start believing there own press.

Ya'll dodged a bullet there CroMag.

[This message has been edited by oeilpere (edited November 13, 2000).]

12. jaworski2000

jaworski2000 Member

Relax my fellow Rockets fans. We might be losing these games and we might see more of Cat ISo's and ball hogging, we might see more of Francis & Cat dribbling too much, or a lot of Mo Rebounding prowess at 3 per game but that doesn't mean we aint gonna make the playoffs. I say we'll be the 6th - 8th seed trust me on this. Because I think we'll beat the teams we are supposed to beat (except for the Clips) plus we'll get surprising victories against the powerhouses of the west. There are 70 more games and we'll win 45 out of the remaining 74.

------------------
    President of the Sir Charles Barkley Fan Club

13. jaworski2000

jaworski2000 Member

Relax my fellow Rockets fans. We might be losing these games and we might see more of Cat ISo's and ball hogging, we might see more of Francis & Cat dribbling too much, or a lot of Mo Rebounding prowess at 3 per game but that doesn't mean we aint gonna make the playoffs. I say we'll be the 6th - 8th seed trust me on this. Because I think we'll beat the teams we are supposed to beat (except for the Clips) plus we'll get surprising victories against the powerhouses of the west. There are 74 more games and we'll win 45 out of the remaining 74.

------------------
    President of the Sir Charles Barkley Fan Club

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

We can hang with the Lakers but Portland is 3times better than us. I don't understand how Shaq can kill every center in the NBA and struggle against Collier,KT, and Dream.