1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Jarrod Uthoff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 29, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't care as much as you do, but I will stay on record that if the past is prologue, Jones likely gets more PT than both with whatever team he signs with.

2. anchel

anchel Member

(...) Honestly, I expected better from you.

Anybody looks like a great shooter on a highlight clip. Including Ryan Anderson! prove it.

By the starts, it is a total disrespect to Ryan Anderson to put at the same level his defensive abilities with the ones of the Wiltjers, Mirotic, or this rookie/"whoever who is white-tall-and can shoot" of the life. It is a total disrespect to Anderson to compare the shooting level of any OK PF shooter, with his shooting level. He may be THE shooting PF. He makes 3s at a very high %, at many different ways. He makes contested 3s, he makes 3s from 30 feet. He makes clutch threes at pro level... All of them with a super quick release.

Anderson is a not a soft body, he's actually tough and can help you defensively. As starter, on a winning team. Against all-star PFs. He can stand a post up, he can diligently box out, he's disciplined collectively, he's smart, he's accountable for a game plan. He's athletically limited but he's far from being the cancer some of you make him look like. In fact and apart from his atheltic limitations he has very good defensive tecniques: the p&r technique, the technique to defend post-ups, the boxing-out techinque. Plus he has the proper attitude and size for his position. All together make him a more reliable defender than the T-Jones or Josh Smiths of the life we've had in the past.

Some of you here just need to stop with the random comparisons with any white shooting PF that appears thorugh the door. Respect the freaking Ryan Anderson, the dude may have his limitations but he's a player, and has shown it already at a high level.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

what the actual **** is going on in here

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Personally like. But unproven against top tier. As with Anderson, the question will be can he do it first in the regular season, and then second in the playoffs. But I like his skill set better to be more successful than Anderson. Both are off bench players at their best in my opinion.

6. basketballholic

I couldn't care less myself. You are the one that asked the stupid question. Jones is and was garbage. I'll take him dead last. As I stated before I won't be surprised if he's done within the next couple seconds as an NBA player. That will fit my original "could be out of the league within five years" projection I put on him a couple years ago.

7. basketballholic

This is r****dedness.

8. basketballholic

Agreed. Unproven. But unproven she's not mean not as good as or not better than. I think posters here have that confused.

9. basketballholic

Oh, good gravy man. You can't be serious. Look, I can compare my defensive game favorably with Ryan Anderson. Your statement is stupid. There is no difference in Wiltjer and Anderson defensively except Wiltjer has more defensive upside. For goodness sake Anderson is slower than Brook Lopez. Just an absurd statement by you anchel. Absurd.

And......And.....wait for it.........
    he misses them at home.
    Come on man. I didn't say Uthoff was a better shooter than Anderson. Nor did i say Anderson didn't have a quick release. In fact, when we signed him I told this panel he was the best high volume shooter at the 4 in the Association because he can grab and fire so quickly. Look it up. But that doesn't mean he's a better player than Uthoff. Because there are many other facets of the game. And Anderson SUCKS at those. Anderson represents our offense last season. One-dimensional. He could only do one thing and the whole team was wrapped around one player creating for one-dimensional offensive players.

Look, Uthoff has a pro level trigger and gun. Mmmmkay?

And he can dribble drive and rise and finish with some nasty. Got it?

Next?

More foolishness. No he can't. And you have no proof that he can after he's been in the league for I don't know how long now. Look, there's more proof to dispute what you're saying is wrong. It's been proven over and over including the last playoffs. He's helpless defensively. Meanwhile you can see the defensive potential oozing out of Uthoff. You should just stop already anchel.

YOU'VE LOST IT MAN. When you say Anderson is "more reliable" than Smoove defensively......you're done. Just absurd. I haven't said Anderson is a cancer nor do I believe that. But you've said he's a better "more reliable" than Smoove. The only thing we can rely on Anderson to do defensively is lose his man. LMBO. Reliable.

Respect Jarrod Uthoff or he'll make you respect him.

@anchel that was one of the worst posts you've ever put together.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao I live for this shiiit!!!! We got that boi bbhollic back against the wall and you know he throwin haymakers!!! This dude swingin them THANGS!!

11. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Uthoff does look like a potential contributor if we were to keep him. BBallholic is so abrasive that I almost don't want him to be any good for us lol. Interesting skill-set nonetheless.

Love the Babadook reference

topfive and justtxyank like this.
  12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

[​IMG]

napalm06, justtxyank and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nice. I'm joking around about a sports team that I am a fan of. While you yourself insult people about a random player. One that you think is better than he has ever shown to this point. Or coming up with ideas in your head that perhaps the only way the Mavs would part with in the fashion that they did is because of some future deal that the Rockets will pay them back with.

Prognosticate away sir. I'm sure when you make a thousand of them a small percentage come through right?? At that point relishing in one's superiority is totally worth it.

topfive and justtxyank like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

beautiful.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It's the perpetual condescension and melodrama that make otherwise reasonable takes ridiculous and hilarious. "YOU WILL RESPECT HIM." Okay, dude. LOLOL.

Deuce, topfive, heypartner and 3 others like this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

WTF is going on in this thread?? Are we really discussing the NBA prowess of Jarrod ****ing Uthoff?? I thought this guy was 100% a "cash considerations" throw-in, and now you fools are talking about whether he's better than Ryan Anderson?? Jesus.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Basketballholic could make you root against your own self interests because he's so abrasive about it that you don't want him to be right or get his way lol

joshuaao likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is better. Don't take people's word on a message board. Ask every GM in the NBA or scout. The majority of them would tell you the same.

seriously

basketballholic likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]