1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm not mad we made the trade. Just the fact that we gave up more than OKC. Btw CP3 is on a one year contact too.

2. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

3. jayfree

jayfree Member

#1363 jayfree, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  4. amaru

amaru Member

CP3 was not a FA

5. dmoneybangbang

We gave up more to take advantage of the CBA that expired at midnight. If we don't land a big fish we still have a lot of flexibility that was created by Morey's shenanigans.

6. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

damnnnnnn just read his statement about going to Lakers being overstated he really sounded humble and I believe him that he wants to WIN... man oh man lakers, clippers or Celtics should've made a trade, lakers going to be hoping now, even if OKC is a wreck he is not former going to pick the lakers.....

and rockets man we should've went all in, This guy wants to win, he young and perfect fit with harden, maybe harden can talk to him during the summer ????

“I grew up a Lakers and a Clippers fan. I idolized Kobe. There will always be a tie here, a connection here. People saying I want to come here, who doesn’t want to play for their hometown? That’s a dream come true, if you’re a kid growing up on the outskirts of L.A., to be the man in your city. But it’s definitely been overstated. For me, it’s all about winning. I want to be in a good system, a good team. I want a shot to win it. I’m not a stats guy. I’m playing this game to win and build a legacy of winning. I’ve yet to do that. I’m searching for it. If we get a killer season in Oklahoma, we make the conference finals or upset the Warriors or do something crazy, I’d be dumb to want to leave that.”

DonKnock likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

What else is he supposed to say?

Total non Story.

Outside of winning a ring this year.

He's going going back to back to Cali.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

to lose once again and not make the playoffs, I don't think so

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Danny Granger, this is your life

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What were you expecting him to say?? "Hey OKC, thanks for the mentions, but I'm gonna bounce anyways. Peace." Of course not. He's trying to increase his brand, gain fans, maybe win a few games in OKC, and then make a move to LA as the savior of the franchise. Nothing he said in this article should have you flipping out about how all these teams should have given up the farm for him.

11. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

what it meant was celtics or rockets had a good chance of keeping him if they traded for him... both teams would've been successful and have solid franchises

12. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Moving on from MELO im salty about this also

I remember Bev saying he knew he was going to be traded, he had heard pacers. I really thoguht P.G with harden was the best fit and they were both young, I didn't feel like harden needed a true P.G he just struggled in playoffs because he had no other guy who could handle the rock and get buckets. P.G honestly was the perfect fit, none of ouyr wings could put the ball on the floor so harden was left trying to always do everything. I now P.G and lakers were in the mix but hes saying all the right things in OKC hoe he just wants to win doesn't care about points any of that.

CP3 worrries me EVEN IF HE STAYS signing him to a max 5 yr, but hey things can turn out different and hes solid for 5 more years and better than P.G

1. so who has the better season P.G or CP3 ?

2. who would be better fit with Harden ?

3. who stays with their team P.G or Cp3 ?

13. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

And for those who saying oh he just saying that because he sighs okc, this is the second time, the dude sounds committed.

CP3 is good but why can't we ever get a young STAR in prime, (butler & PG)

Howard, CP3, MELO

Harden is young !!!!

We need to be set for years

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Damn the Thunder stole two stars from us

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Just wait till they get the 4 seed and the media treats him and melo like bums that Westbrook had to carry

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Don't take his rebounds!!

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I just hope he won't resign there because that would make me salty...as ****.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

RW still hasn't signed his extension, tho.