1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

if morey trades anderson for nothing then he can easily move one of lou or ariza for the room to sign chris paul or hayward, but im guessing he goes after paul since we'd have sg and sf covered between harden and pg. not sure you want to ask pg to play pf full time in a contract year.

i think getting paul george guarantees us one of
    chris paul
    blake griffin
    lowry
    millsap
    hayward

2. thekad

thekad Member

Eh, this lowers his value significantly for me. Gordon is expendable, but definitely not giving up two firsts.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem with his mindset is that it was the exact same thing Melo thought. That he could just go to the Knicks and people will follow.

Unfortunately, being in L.A or NYC doesn't solve the problematic front offices of those teams.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Cleveland trying to get Jimmy Butler now. Maybe they got word George going elsewhere? #sleeve #cheeseburgermaury

5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

while i agree, thats why we can get him for two non-lotto firsts and gordon

pg seems butthurt and hellbent on the lakers. he wants to end up like melo. ego driven, wants to be the big star in a big market. something screams under the table shoe deal bonus. im not too excited about him because he is a robin and so is harden.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

In theory, sure. I just don't think the either of those teams would sacrifice their long term goals/ideas for future benefit whereas the Rockets have a ton of incentive to go all-in on George.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

no one wants love for what cleveland wants for him. he is pretty much ryan anderson except ryan is a better shooter and does not rebound as well. both players are easily worth their salary in this market, but no team will give up anything significant for them.

love on a rebuilding team such as indiana makes zero sense, but chicago is stupid enough to entertain the idea.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Just because they CAN doesn't mean they will. What NOP gave to get Boogie was an insult. But, if other teams don't beat it, you take what you can.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If Los Angeles was remotely as attractive as people make it out to be, they wouldn't be where they are. Sure, the previous management screwed up. But no one has wanted to go there since Dwight left. They had to overpay Mozgov and Deng. And it is still a huge risk. What if no one joins? His career is essentially over. He will be in his 30's very very soon.

Having said that, if that's what George believes, then that's what he believes. In which case, should we have him in Harden's ear all year, especially with the added bonus of Harden's former agent being the GM? Maybe Harden is the guy George will spend all year convincing to leave?

BigMaloe and justtxyank like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Great post, too bad not all the players seem to care or to be smart enough to get this.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha we got our Point Guard, I mean PG.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Their Portland proposal was the most interesting to me. Lillard/McCollum/PG/Nurkic + PF would be fun to watch.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree but playing with another top caliber wing player in harden def has to atleast be just as high on the interest meter.

Harden has faults and has been very hit or miss from game to game in the playoffs but he is a top 10 player and imo closer to the top 5-6 range.

I like Blake griffin but there is a big difference playing with him or playing with harden. It's not even close from talent and impact on the game standpoint. Then factor in Griffin gets hurt and his career has been trending backwards for the past 2 years. Harden on the other hand has improved every year in the league and is only 27.

I want cp3 here because I want harden to do what he does the first 3.5 quarters and then let's cp3 find him or others for easy buckets the last 6 min of every game. Let cp3 make the critical late game decisions.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Situations are also similar, since Melo was going back to his hometown team as well.

Paul George is making a mistake here because for a player to want to go to the Lakers, they are going to have to look like an exceptional option..even Moreso now than what Melo did since the Lakers will be asking those players to leave money on the table for a situation that could be similar.

Now, I'm not saying that the Rockets would be the right decision. If he wants to win that would be Cleveland...but the Lakers right now are not it. He's taking a huge gamble on Magic Johnson being a competent GM.

Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

paul
    harden
    george

it looks nice but I know for certain Paul George is a beta. I don't know if harden can play like Batman, but i know if this trade does happen this season and he doesn't perform when we needd him then I know for sure. cp3 is actually pretty clutch, but our window shrinks with him.

I would just go to whoever has the best matchup between those three because none of them are LeBron, Durant or Curry. Against the Warriors that means CP3 vs Curry.

16. theh

theh Member

This doesn't sound like it'd work. Only 1 ball.

Remlap likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Our beaches aren't like those in Los Angeles but James will show you the best strippers the town has to offer.

You want to wear purple & gold? If you ask nicely, maybe Leslie will bring back the mustard.

I can't give you 13 or 24 but I can give number one, worn by Hall of Famer Tracy McGrady.

Anything else we can do for you?

ISOBall and Caesar like this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Random but why ones everyone say the previous laker admin screwed up? By not rehiring Phil? I think we've seen what Phil can do with mediocre talent and no coaching was going to make Dwight work.

They were otherwise hamstrung by kobes contract and got bad but drafted decently well

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

paul
    harden
    george
    ariza
    capela

this looks better, but it works if you have a smart coach and system. Most nights harden will be guarded by the better wing defender, so you give Paul George the ball and let him go to work. Some nights Chris Paul will have the match up advantage and you would go to him. as long as you play the match up game, somebody is going to drop 30 and end up with a ton of assist. As long as they can space the floor and catch and shoot (practice makes perfect) it should work.

we would have no bench inside post scoring, and rebounding is still an issue

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Where all my Tim Gunn fans at