1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Guy's Inside Info !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by F.D. Khan, Sep 7, 2001.

1. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

According to the New Rocket's report by the Rocket Guy there is a conspiracy in the Rockets organization. We thought it was a torn Achilles Tendon.....versus that of the Rocket Guy knows it was really a torn ACL. I think this is a plot because an Achilles injury, though a longer recovery time, lessens future problems. A monster trade might be coming :rolleyes:

Either that or anyone that calls himself "The Rocket Guy" should proofread and check their info !!

http://www.bskball.com/Houston.htm[/URL]

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

bskball.com? Might as well get your basketball news from foodtv.com...while yer there, get me a good marinade for spare ribs :)

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Always boil your ribs first. Not long, but enough to break up the fat and boil some of it away. After boiling, sprinkle with Fiesta brand barbeque seasoning and slow cook on the smoker using pecan wood. Marinade with some lemon juice and italian dressing, but do NOT use any barbeque sauce till the very end, and only then for flavoring. Enjoy!

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

bskball.com is the enquirer in the basketball community.

Wait ... the Enquirer has been much more accurate. I take that back.

5. Live

Live Member

Only because I'm totally bored, I just went over to check out "The Rocket Guy's" site.

The only useful info I got was that it probably makes more sense for the Rocks to pass on a Jahidi for Walt trade. Giving (or paying) long-term, high $ contacts to role-players (see Kelvin Cato) isn't sensible.

That's why the Rocks haven't exactly swooped in and signed Marc Jackson yet.

Now watch them sign him just after I write this. :D

6. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Marc jackson would be cheaper than White shortterm and longterm.

The question is .... was his brief NBA career and highlight reel Euro career a flash in the pan?

Better yet is it worth 2-3Million a year in a two year deal to find out?

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

This is coming from the same guy who think that Kenny Thomas will step in and contribute like a megastar and that Mo going down will make us better because it will be a better defensive team with Kenny Thomas, Eddie Griffin, and Pig freaking Miller. Yeah I'll take Pig Miller over Mo any day! :rolleyes: As a matter of fact this quote from TRG says it all:

<i>The bottom line is our rebounding just improved and our defense just turned it up a notch. Where's the down side? </i>

I don't know, we lost our starting PF, our depth is a joke, our number 1 low post scorer went down, etc., etc. Plus in TRG's article it states:

<i>Meanwhile, Dawson said, the presence of Kenny and Eddie means that Mo's injury "does not effect the team that much."
    </i>

That's an out and out lie right there, I'm sorry. I SERIOUSLY doubt that CD would lock up Mo to a 6 year multi-million dollar deal and then think it wouldn't hurt the team if he got injured.

#7 RocksMillenium, Sep 7, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2001