1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Fuel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I know when Garnett first got traded to the Celtics some of yall were comparing them to the 96-97 Rockets. This guy took it a step further in his comparison and I thought I would share (how many weeks until the season starts?)

Rocket Fuel

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

interesting read, outside of the rockets i really want to keep up with the celtics and see how much damage they do in the east.

3. famicom

famicom Member

ROCKET FUEL MALT LIQOUR.....DAAAMNN!!!

4. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Celtics are deeper than Rockets were back then. We essentially didn't have a pg once Brent Price got hurt. Celtics also have defense and Tom Thibodeau to go with their 3 allstars. They're in the LEast. Championship is theirs.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Awesome reference.

6. Pocket Rockets

maloney started, not eddie

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah, that'd be a tough lineup handling the ball and defensively with Elie and EJ and Clyde on the wings

8. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

The Celtics only have future Hall-of-Famer of their big three. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are just two " really good " players. To actually compare them to the '98 Rockets more accurately, it'd have to be something like Garnett, Allen Iverson, and Kobe playing on the same team.

You cannot compare those current three with the Rockets' old big three LEGENDS.

If we took back the '98 Rockets from time and put them in the Eastern Conference today, they would win the East easily.

9. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

That team couldn't even make it to March.

Hard to win the East with Drexler taking his time recovering from heart attack surgery.

That said, I still can't believe I whiffed on Rodrick Rhodes.

10. Dei

Dei Member

Rocket Fuel... isn't that the new Mountain Dew with even more caffeine?