1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If anything Dems/media/never Trumpers moved the goal posts on themselves along the way to the point where if we knew nothing the whole time and all the facts just landed in our laps all at once tonight.....

Facts such as:

-Don Jr Trump Tower Meeting
    -Trump Tower Moscow
    -Manafort sharing poling meta data
    -Kushner back channel to Russia
    -Prince Meeting with Putin Allie to establish back channel
    -etc
    -etc

We today would have been talking about imminent impeachment starting Monday morning. That’s a ton of collusiony sh$&. Because it slow dripped out and everyone kept on saying “wait for Mueller” the libs/media etc were always moving the goal posts on themselves when collusion was starting us all right in the face the whole time.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess based on past precedent is the report will say Trump Jr meeting with Russian agents was incredibly careless and would be worthy of getting fired but no charges will be brought (almost cookie cutter of the Clinton scandal before).

I stopped expecting this to be the knock out blow to the current disaster in the White House a while ago but hoped the process would be seen out through to the end. Now we get to read the report and move on to 2020 election when the people can vote for a respectable candidate.

RayRay10, Pringles and Nook like this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

by what? the media. democrats. Obama's DoJ.

you act like being under investigation is proof of something. Today you were shown this thinking is dumb.

cml750 and mick fry like this.
  4. dobro1229

But that’s exactly what got Comey in trouble. Commenting and publicly shaming people investigated but not charged, is exactly why Rosenstein cured Comey.

The ONLY thing I think Mueller might disclose is a section in the report that is essentially a referral for impeachment to Congress. A section that highlights the crimes the president engaged in but could not be charged under the DOJ policy set from the Nixon era designed more as a referendum on the Vice President than the president not being able to be indicted.

Even then, I think because Mueller’s mandate was so narrow, he might still find it a stretch of his mandate to directly recommend a Congressional inquiry. A special committee or a normal attorney general could do so with essentially being arms of the DOJ designed to inform the public rather than straight up prosecutors.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. People are going to jail. It was never the collusion that was going to get people. It is the lying...........

6. dobro1229

It is proof of something. You do not investigate the president of the United States of America without probable cause. Just wont happen with any president. Much less with one armed with a propaganda army and cult followers who don’t believe science and liken Trump to David in the Bible.

7. tallanvor

they just did....

what probable cause are you claiming they had?

8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Just because the probable cause was fiction does not take away the fact that some people yearned for it to be true.

cml750, mick fry and TheresTheDagger like this.
  10. dobro1229

11. dobro1229

Can you not read what I just wrote like 5 posts ago? Are you that dense?

Even just one of these such as the campaign chair sharing meta data reg internal poling with a Russian national wouid be cause enough to investigate the Trump campaign.

12. tallanvor

sharing polling meta data. lolz.

thats not a crime......

please keep talking dobro.

cml750 and mick fry like this.
  13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I’m laughing my ass off at dobro getting humiliated.

cml750, Astrodome and mick fry like this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

345 pages of butthurt, there better be some damn collusion!

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Shifty is such a beady eyed, slack jawed, pencil necked, weasley b*stard. I can’t stand to look at him.

cml750 likes this.
  17. dobro1229

Trumpers doing back flips way too fast. Even Trump himself has enough restraint to actually wait for the actual report before getting on Twitter tonight. Celebrate tonight if you’d like folks. Just make sure we tag page 345 here so we can come back when we actually get to read the flippin report.

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Masterpiece Post]
    With Mueller's investigation finished, we now know that not a single American was convicted or even indicted for conspiring with Russia to influence the 2016 election. ZERO.

We've had two years of complete and total lies from the left. Obama's senior intel officials completely USED the good reputations of the FBI, CIA, and NSA to promote this conspiracy theory, knowing full well they had no evidence of wrongdoing. The media was more than happy to carry the water as well -- for TWO YEARS -- with no proof of anything. All of us assumed that surely they had some secret knowledge that we didn't have. Surely there was some basis for dragging the country through his Russia conspiracy. These senior people and the media wouldn't be lying this entire time, would they? We now know that there was no basis at all, other than partisan political politics. Two years of zero proof -- nothing but innuendo, guilt by association, conspiracy theories -- all delivered in a manner that suggested they were insiders in the know and the rest of us got played by Russian election interference. We now know that it was the liberals and the media who were played for fools for 2 years.

I did not think it possible for the media to lose more credibility than what occurred during the lead up to the 2016 election. Well, the media went and outdid itself by pushing for two years a completely baseless conspiracy theory intended to overturn an election. This is the greatest scandal in our nation's history. And now Trump is about to go on offense. Brennan, McCabe, Clapper, and a new name for you -- Preet Bharara -- have some 'splainin to do.

GREAT DAY

MiddleMan, cml750 and mick fry like this.
  19. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m not doing back flips if he’s guilty he should be charged even though the whole investigation was started on a shady premise to begin with but if not there is an awful lot of people that should apologize and be ashamed of themselves.

cml750 likes this.
  20. dobro1229

Oh cool the Dossier narrative. Again, look at the list I just put up and tell me any of those do not warrant investigation. Forget about the Dossier. Forget about the talking points.

Please tell me that it did not warrant investigation that one of the two party’s nominees, during the general election, was negotiating through his personal attorney, the biggest business deal of his life, directly with the highest levels of office of a hostile foreign power who at that very same time was working to get that candidate elected.

Oh and to top it off, that candidate the whole time was lying to the American people about it.

Please tell me that alone does not warrant investigation. If Beto is dealing personal business with Iran during the election in 2020 while Iran is hacking our election to get Beto elected, please tell me that wouldn’t be a problem and warrant an investigation.