1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Collusion with russia?

2. adoo

adoo Member

ur so ignorant, you don't even understand what collusion is.

i know that it's above your head,

who, what, where and how ?​

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yet another trump campaign member admits to lying about not having contact with Russians during the campaign...

Nook, JeffB and No Worries like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Gee, you think whatever was stored in manafort's storage unit is pretty interesting?

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

None of 45's water-carriers have ever, to the best of my knowledge, given an honest effort to answer this:
    why from the very get go, were all these people lying their asses off about Russian contacts? If there's "no collusion" and "no crime," WTeverlovingF were they doing piling lies a mile high?

To his apologists: I realize it is hard to answer questions, though, when someone is holding their nose for so long. Peace.

Deckard, Nook, JeffB and 2 others like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In addition, how do they "forget" so many meetings. Normally during campaign, there would be zero to just a few meetings with Russians. Yet, this campaign had so many meetings that they can't keep them all straight and forgot meeting after meeting after meeting.

It's laughable that some people still act like it's all normal.

Nook likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No, sadly, fearing the appearance of bias and a massive conservative backlash against their Great Satan, Barack Obama.

Can you imagine if Obama had given the FBI a go-ahead to keep Russia from all their pro-Trump work? "Rigged for Hillary!"
    Obama was disappointing to me in myriad ways, but this intel landing in his lap when it did was a no-win situation, given how divided our country is. Nobody would have trusted him. Heck, about 30% of registered voters, at least, are going to dismiss whatever Mueller reports.

juicystream, jo mama, JeffB and 2 others like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

So... did trump's team have the Hillary Clinton emails a month before Wikileaks published them?

Nook and No Worries like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Manafort's week didn't get any better...

Nook likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I disagree, I think Obama failed hard on the cyberthreat, at least on what public information I have access to. Yeah, he'd probably be accused of rigging the election with some phony conspiracy story, but his first obligation would be to protect the country. If that means all out cyberwar, if it means we start talking about how our button is bigger than their button, that'd be better. The one charity I can give him here is that he really thought Clinton was going to pull this thing out. Then his inaction wouldn't matter so much because she could take belated reprisals. But that overconfidence was very costly. I'm just hopelessly hoping that the Trump Admin really does have a a big cyber campaign going but its ultra top secret so we don't know about it.

Deckard, Nook and juicystream like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell no, let them all burn, let the truth rain free !

DD

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If there was any question if he’s trying to go the pardon route.

Trump will throw anyone under the bus though. He’s done it all throughout his career. No reason for him to lose poltical capital (if he had any left beyond his cult) for a guy that’s obviously going to jail and refusing to testify against Trump. Trump will see it as getting the best of both worlds and will see it as the loyalty he expects. Don’t flip and distance yourself from me. After you get out, you’ll be rewarded by keeping your head.

On the murder front, I do think Manafort is way more concerned with Russian agents who might be able to get to him. He’s a big liability for more than a few oligarchs, and they’ve been emboldened enough to start pulling hits in Britain even. There’s no reason why Manafort shouldn’t be fearful for his own life at the moment. Not from Trump but from Putin.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Even though Greenberg spoke with a heavy Russian accent ...

16. NewRoxFan

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sure hope Mueller "stumbles" upon evidence of the atrocities Blackwater committed in Iraq

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Total access? LMAO, Erik Prince could not possibly this stupid. Just like businesses have two sets of books, methinks Prince has two sets of phones.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Prince has done a ton of good in the world. I hope he comes out of all of this unscathed.

20. NewRoxFan