1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Road Wins Last Year vs. This Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wfeebs, Mar 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I don't know if this deserves its own thread or not, but last night's road win gave the Rockets 22 on the year. Last year they had 21.

There's still 6 more to play this year and Just watching the games from last to this year we are way more comfortable on the road this year, and that will be HUGE for us in the playoffs.

2. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

FIRST.......but your right. Defense and the teams morale this year are awesome!

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Yep, we are definitely a more capable and mature team this year. Here's to hoping it shows in the post season! (Looking at you, Beard)

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I thought we were supposed to take a dip with Lin, Asik and Casspi leaving?
    oh and Portions too.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

yeh, and we've been missing Dwight for what, 36 games this year? and not healthy in probably about 10 others?

and we didnt even have THIS team til Brewer and Smith got here?

I wish we could just be relatively healthy. Just once. Once in what, over a decade or so? I know every team has someone injured, but ours is always on the high side of ridiculous.

That being said, I'm much more excited for this years team than last years. The most excited I was last year was being up by 2 in Game 6 with less than a second left...

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Consider we were 15-5 at one point this season (before the injuries started taking their toll), then look up the Title-winning success rate of every team who had a 30 win road record season. If I'm not mistaken, every team who ever won 30 road games either won the title that year or lost to another team with 30 road wins who won the title, instead.

7. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Our perennial 9th seed teams were relatively healthy :)

In all seriousness, the Rockets have been marred with injuries everytime they have a championship contending roster. We're perfectly healthy when our team is borderline playoffs (Scola/Martin/almost allstar PG era ... Francis/Mobley era).

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

veteran's with championship experience make a huge difference.

ariza, brewer, terry.

they know what it takes.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]