1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Sondra Locke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Dec 13, 2018.

1. what

what Member

One of my favorite actresses dies. I thought she was hella sexy and I guess Clint Eastwood did too. Probably one of the few actresses that could hold her own with one of our greatest actors of our time. She was 74.
    It's a shame we don't see more of these actresses from the 80s in leading roles anymore.

2. Buck Turgidson

I remember her from lots of Eastwood movies, then they got divorced and she never really worked again. Funny how that happens.

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  3. Roscoe Arbuckle

I know, right? Hollywood is all about conservatives blackballing people...

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I always thought she was great, especially in the outlaw Josie wales. RIP

No Worries and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Powerful men blackballing their exes...hell yes. Not sure why why you needed to bring politics into it.

Shouldn't you be sidelining somewhere in Katy or Tomball tonight?

DaDakota likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Mmhmm. If I were still doing that for the past two decades I'm pretty sure y'all would know.

Went on a date tonight to Latin Bites. Was largely underwhelmed except for the chicken skewers. 2 for $6 during HH, and some of the tastiest I've ever had. I highly recommend.

7. Buck Turgidson

Hell yes we would, every Saturday and Sunday morning around 3 AM.

None of this has anything to do with what I responded to, though. Cheers.

8. body slam

body slam Member

It's been so long since I seen or heard about her I pretty much forgot about her.

Right turn Clyde.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I really like her in the movies she appeared in with Clint Eastwood. I can't say I know any of her other work outside of that.

It's too bad she had such a difficult time after her relationship with Clint ended. I think she was diagnosed with breast cancer about the same time Clint threw her out on her ass and then she had a double mastectomy. Then, flash forward to now and it sounds like the breast cancer returned (and she had bone cancer as well). She would probably admit the best times of her life were the blissful times she had with Clint and during their heyday making all those films together. And, she was really good in them.

10. Surfguy

I don't think they ever married. She was already married to someone she knew in high school...some gay guy that she had an asexual relationship with. In fact, she was still married to him when she died. I think Clint kind of railroaded her career as well. It didn't end well for both of them. She basically sued him /WB for a bogus contract and won (albeit, they settled).

mikol13 and Rock Block like this.
  11. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yea she and Clint had an awkward relationship and it seemed to come out on screen at times or so I thought as I got older and paid attention. It’s sad that I had no idea she passed, never heard it nationally and not even a passing article....

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Man, you really know a lot about Sandra Locke.

13. Surfguy

Well...when I read she died...I decided to read a little bit on her career b/c I was a fan of the 80s films both her and Clint were in. I was wondering why we never heard or saw her much after the Clint relationship. That led me to find she wrote a book called "The Good, The Bad, and The Very Ugly" (an obvious play on Clint's Western film) talking about her life and relations with Clint. I didn't buy and read the book. But, I found an in-depth review which I read that provided details on the book and quotes from an interview with her. I don't really care what kind of man Clint Eastwood is but he is not painted in a good light based on some of the things she said he did during and after their relationship. She painted him as an actor with a big ego who had people do his dirty work for him when he wanted to sever relationships...either business or personal. He wouldn't do it to your face. She claims he never even told her it was over in a conversation. She came home to find her clothing in boxes on the sidewalk with the locks changed on the house she claims he gifted to her during the relationship.

But, yea, I wasn't stalking her or anything. lol. Just a natural curiosity that came up when she died as far as what happened to her. She pretty much disappeared after Clint. And, it turns out, Clint had a little something to do with that.

#13 Surfguy, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    TheFreak likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Uh...does ‘she’ have an Adam’s apple?