1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rip Hamilton

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Boo, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Alright guys, I tried to dig some info and I couldn't find any and I thought I might ask some of you guys out there. I caught a bit of the Pistons game last nite and I noticed that Hamilton's got the face guard thingy on again. Did he recently get hurt or something, or does he like wearing it so much that it's like a mental crutch of some sort; kinda like how Francis can't seem to live without the mouth guard. Anyone know?

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He always wears it. when he got the mask last year when he broke his nose he started playing better and decided to keep it, that is why he wore it at the end of last year, and with the championship in hand he decided to wear it this year. I've heard before that he is quite the superstitious player.

3. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

He broke his nose a couple times last year and if he breaks it again he'll have to have some fairly major surgery. The team has been pushing him to wear it permanently, but he didn't particularly want to. He stopped for a couple games at the beginning of this season, but went back to wearing it. I'd imagine he'll keep it on now.

I'm sure there is some "it's a good luck charm" going on, but it is a legitimate injury risk if he doesn't wear it.

4. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Cool...thanks for clearing that up for me.