1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rio Grande Valley Vipers 2012-2013 game thread

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by tamericus, Nov 23, 2012.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Please stop telling people who are actually watching the games that they are wrong based on your analysis of the box score. There is no agenda against Machado. He will get props when he plays well.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

D-Mo did state, in a summer league post game interview, that he was having trouble putting on weight. He is young and sooner or later the weight does come. LOL

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think adding more bulk and strength is definitely key for DMO. At the same time, game experience and adjustment to the NBA will make his deficiencies there less obvious. Motiejunas might be the best PF option next to Asik for future years. Can't wait for this guy to start getting 20 min a game.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You did not watch the game, don't commentate off box scores.

He was terrible, and did not feed the ball to D-Mo at all.

D-Mo pinned his defender deep in the post practically once every few plays and the ball never goes to him. The rest of the vipers are crap so it's more understandable, but you would at least expect the PG from the Rockets to get the ball to him.

D-Mo is tied for second most shots this game, only 2 more than Machado and 3 more than some bench guy. If D-Mo drops 31 points last game, he damn well better get more than 13 shots this game.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't have to watch the game to tell you that he did not have as bad a game as you are making it out to be.
    Yes, he had a bad shooting night and probably didn't defend his man well. The other night he had a good shooting game, but 7 to's and a loss. In the video above, i saw that he had two nice passes into D-Mo, yet no one spoke about it.
    We all knew going in that D-Mo was going to show and prove once he hit the floor in the D-league. That's a given. Machado is the other "project" player that we have down there. Some of you act as if he is doing an absolute horrible job so far. The critique from the fans and the boxscore/video don't mix.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

coachbadlee logic strikes again.

The boxscore does not, in anyway, show that Machado had a good game.

7-16 for 20 points is a good shooting game? You saw 2 good passes in a highlight video and you think he had a good game (hint, highlights are called highlights for a reason).

This game he was 3-11 for 12 points, and you are trying to make it out like the "boxscore" does not match the public opinion that he is performing terribly.

You have hard-on for Machado and that's fine, but if you didn't watch the game and only went by the boxscore (which by the way, does not contradict the consensus that he does not look good on the court), don't go around telling people that their analysis are inaccurate.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Flame, calm down. Where in that post did i say he had a good game? I said he did not have a terrible game. You're reading too much into and ready for attack.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What do you expect when you attempt dismiss people's analysis (who actually watched the game) with this?

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Believe it or not, i actually want Machado to stay in the D-league as long as possible. That is currently the only way he will get playing time. I know he needs to get better and right now with the way the team has been playing is definitely not the time for him to return.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I really didn't dismiss anyone's analysis. I just asked a question and recently came up with the answer. Scott Machado's defense still needs a lot of work, he still needs to work on his shooting and he still turns the ball over too much.
    How close am i?:confused:

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

- Dribbles into traffic and picks up dribble
    - Takes questionable floaters over multiple defenders
    - Poor shot selection in general
    - Gets caught in the air in the lane and throws it out to no one in particular
    - Stands around on offense without the ball (might be by design)
    - Zero hustle

Keep in mind that a basic stat sheet can't represent all the good and bad things a player does on the court. Stromile Swift's stat line for his one season with us certainly does not show how terrible he was on the court. Yes, Machado plays bad defense. But his poor play on offense was even more jarring. You didn't see the game, so don't tell us what we saw.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

These points sound strangely familiar???:confused: Oh yeah...

You don't have to be a "buttocks" about it. Getting all "buttocks" hurt.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You spent the last few pages telling people how they are "hating" on Machado and that the boxscore contradicts people's take on his game (it doesn't by the way). You go on further to say dumb things like you don't have to watch the game to know how well he played.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

hah... it seems like i missed some good things... :grin:

15. Nook

Nook Member

Wait... You admit that you did not watch the game but still have an opinion on the performance of a player you did not even see play?

Well I did watch and he did have a bad game. He did not defend, did not control the tempo of the game, did a poor job getting the ball to DMo and looked like he belongs in the DLeague.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Vipers got their revenge on Jeremy Lamb and the 66er's tonight.
    Machado finishes with 11pts, 6assts, 2rbds, 2stls and 3to's.

17. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Looks like he just might stay there for awhile. If he keeps this up, he will be cut if Rockets decide to pick up an FA or off of waiver. Can't even guard DLeague PG's and I can't really believe how much he regressed since his preseason games.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vit3sSiJczg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I didn't catch the game but this analysis removes hope for Machado. I wish him the best, but if he can't dominate there, then he has little chance of being a legitimate NBA player.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Haven't watched games lately as he was a long way away. He will probably needs a year of seasoning before even looking at him as a possible NBA guy. He has shown flashes of being a playmaker.

20. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The first I saw of him was in preseason and I thought he showed signs of potential. Based on stats and the talk of the board, he seems to have regressed quite a bit from that point. Hopefully, he continues to progress and becomes an option for this team.