1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ringer] Rockets ownership has debated Morey’s employment status and whether to replace him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

No you are the one who knows nothing. Peaceful protest parades were never suppressed during British rule. After the 80s all protests didn't require police consent. Within seconds after the handover in 1997, CCP amended the law and give the police the authority to ban protest. As a result, almost all peaceful protests in HK in recent months have been banned by the Police and they use tear gas to disperse crowds every single time. Then it got violent. This is blatant infringement to our civil liberties.

And Hong Kong had already achieved a de-facto universal suffrage on the legislature in 1995. Then Beijing dissolved the council and replaced it with a compeltely undemocratic one within seconds after the handover.

I am much more knowledgeable than you about HK.

don grahamleone and Supamanu like this.
  2. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

No you don't, the brittish implemented it in 1995 more as a **** you to China than actually because of wanting to give freedom to HK ppl. They implemented it 2 years before HK handover just to screw with the CCP. MEANWHILE brittish ppl have been free to elect and have representation for over 100yrs during that period while HK ppl were treated like dogs, double standards right?

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If China really "wants to give freedom to HK people", then why did they have to replace to totally democratic legislature with a totally undemocratic one?

Because we didn't have democracy in the past, THAT'S WHY WE WANT DEMOCRACY NOW!

malakas likes this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Let's take this to D&D.

Your understanding of Freedom is a suspect ...
    There are privileges and then there are rights.
    https://uscivilliberties.org/themes/4398-right-v-privilege-distinction.html
    https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/rights/

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Because I speak the truth and expose you commies?

malakas likes this.
  7. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Lol.
    Wants to sound smart...
    Spells British " BRITTISH"...

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

I remember her/him when comes to basketball comments. Seemed to be rational.

Reminds me of an article on new yorker about the anatomy of riot, the psyche of it. When there is only one or two on the street, everyone else is just a by-passer, and when there is a critical mass, everyone starts to join.

Years ago, I asked a Korean co-worker that joined the anti-government movement why he joined. He said it was simple, it began with the peer pressure and then someone close got hurt. It then became irrational and personal.

No clear agenda, except for separating from China and calling everyone from China "you" this and that. This is what I saw. A bunch of fanatic and naive kids. Bunch of BS behind the Media too analogizing themselves to independence movement from severe oppression. At the moment, they are more like the red guards at Tiananmen square. If they take their masks off, I will have more respect.

Ash, it takes blood for you to get "free".

Easy likes this.
  9. bearrider

bearrider Member

that HK b*stard didn't just kill someone. The b*stard murdured his HK girlfriend because his girlfriend got pregnant. The poor girl asked for a marriage. the b*stard murdered the poor girl at Taiwan and fled back to HK.

HK government wanted to set up the extradition bills to bring justice on that b*stard. The rioters protected that b*stard with slogans like "human rights" or "Freedom".

tuoxieman likes this.
  10. xiaolulz

xiaolulz Member

Nah, he's just a secret Trump admirer.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Never apologize to people who don't believe in forgiveness.

malakas likes this.
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah but China > U.S.A. Nobody cares what we want.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont understand why morey would comment on this. he had to have known china would not be pleased with it. this is a losing battle. he has no political pull. china is going to run things how they want no matter what some basketball GM thinks, so why pick a side when your business is so heavily intertwined with china ? powerful people can influence change here, but not there so leave that **** alone daryl!!!!

i hope he doesn't get fired, but that was not smart move at all. i also hate the way we kiss china's ass, but his tweet isn't helping there, and is only hurting us here.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Much bigger deal than some initially here thought. To China it was much more than an individual making a statement.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Those are mutually exclusive thoughts. You hate kissing ass to China except when we do.

malakas likes this.
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

what I am trying to say is, i don't consider NOT commenting on that situation kissing ass, but now we HAVE to kiss ass because he did, and isnt going to change a thing over there, but we may end up firing a good GM over it.

17. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Hilarious. You don't even know what the protests in HK are about at all.

Since you might be censored to know the real reasons it continues, I'll share the actual demands with you:
    1. Full withdrawal of the extradition bill

2. A commission of inquiry into alleged police brutality

3. Retracting the classification of protesters as “rioters”

4. Amnesty for arrested protesters

5. Dual universal suffrage, meaning for both the Legislative Council and the Chief Executive

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is your team Tilman. The Rockets are not run by the Chinese government or the pressure from the Chinese government.

The Chinese citizens still love the Houston Rockets. Nothing changed in their hearts. Keep Morey for them.

Say no to bullies.

MD_in_Training and clutchdabear like this.