1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Your list of garbage players doesn't include Lebron James.

If you remember, everyone had a conundrum about this Nets pick causing frustration to Lebron. In essence, they're still in some kind of a betting war against each other as long as this Nets pick exists.

If you can get Boogie or Deandre, giving away the Nets pick, you might have a chance at security Lebron's stay. You don't trade the Nets pick, and you got an even worse roster that's missing Lebron James next season. They're not getting anywhere this year without Kyrie, with this roster.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well duh, my list of garbage the Cavs could trade doesn't include Lebron because they wouldn't trade Lebron.

Of course if they can trade for Anthony Davis they should and would do so, regardless of Lebron's future. My point is that the Nets pick alone isn't going to get them AD and they don't have anything else interesting to offer. In a bidding war for AD between Cleveland and Boston, Boston would blow away anything Cleveland could offer (assuming Ainge wants to deal.)

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I suppose I would be nervous also. But over what alternative is the issue. The Warriors make you do some drastic things.

Also Lebron was 26 when he went to the Heat. He will be 34 next season. This will be an interesting summer that's for damn sure.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I agree with all this. Cleveland is in an impossible situation with such high need to improve and not quite enough assets to improve as much as they need. It’s a huge risk to use that pick if they don’t hit a homerun. They can really leverage all that much more. A lot of things would have to fall their way to make it happen.

IF LBJ came I hope that some level of expectations would be set before so the boundaries and roles are clear. But yeah if he wanted to be here I think you have to just take the bad with the good.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. s3ts

s3ts Member

We got mixed up on what NOLA would want. I didn't explain it properly.

Boston is not in the mix for Boogie. If NOLA had to pick either Boogie or AD to be traded, I'd imagine they're going to pick Boogie to be traded.

Celtics don't trade their top-3 or top-4 players for Boogie Cousins. But maybe CLE does, or for Deandre.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. justtxyank

Right, if Lebron wants to come here you say yes and make it happen. I think it's riskier than a lot of people think, but of course you have to try it.

Let's backup to 1995. The Rockets have just won a championship and now have Drexler and Hakeem together on the roster going for a repeat. Michael Jordan has decided he is coming out of retirement, but instead of playing for the Bulls he wants to play for the Rockets. That would have been difficult. Fitting Jordan in with Hakeem and Drexler? But when the greatest player of their generation wants to play for you you can't say "nah, we're good."

7. justtxyank

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm with you now.

Man, trading that Nets pick for Boogie would be a HUGE risk.

That said, I don't think the Pelicans are trading either guy.

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

All or nothing. At the trade deadline, I'd say CLE pulls the trigger on something. Probably Deandre?

They can't afford to lose Lebron in the off-season. I mean, we're talking about Lebron saying "**** it" before even the playoffs start.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ever stop to think that perhaps your opinion of Lebron is overly critical?

And there we have it. Your dislike of him makes you think his issues are much larger than they actually are.

99% of the basketball experts on the planet would disagree with you.

Maybe it's time to adjust your thinking about him?

Deuce, HakeemOnlyFan and J Sizzle like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

TBH,

I really don't like Lebron for all the things he's done in the past.

It doesn't prevent me from saying he's the best player in the world, and I'd want him to come here.

But he's going to have to stop outing coaches and playing GM. I don't know that he can do this.

Also, this is Harden's team. Can Harden take a backseat to Lebron? OR can Lebron get as neutered as KD has been in GSW? Big questions to be answered. I mean I can't tell how it's going to work out at all.

To me, I agree him coming here makes us instant favorites to win everything. But that's also contingent upon the answers to the questions above.

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Boogie is untouchable now as is AD. Deandre is never going to happen because of the pick and won't move the needle there. Something is badly broken with that team. I don't care if they win 50 games. They don't look right and they know he's leaving right now. If they get to the deadline and can't do anything, they may trade him at this point for the sake of holding together that team and getting something for him. They don't have the ability to open up as much room as people think. They are still going to be caplocked with those max contracts. IT will stay and get his max.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Posted this in another thread, but may be pertinent here.

LeBron’s lack of true leadership this season is a joke. You think he’d get it by now. Does he want out of Cleveland this badly?

Hey everyone! Let’s blame K Love when I’m the A hole!!

s3ts likes this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

Hate? The question is do I feel Lebron's the best player in the NBA. The answer is no. I think KD's the best player. Yes Lebron does more of the intangibles. But KD's scoring is SO MUCH better and he's more reliable down the stretch in crucial games. I don't hate anybody. Lebron's benefited from playing in a weaker conference & I don't think he'd have half the accolades if he played in the west. In short, I'm not a Lebron James nuthugger like some of you. I'm just a old school basketball fan, no fan of the sideshow dramatic storylines

peleincubus and s3ts like this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

With Nola making the playoffs and those two having great seasons I think they are completely off the table after the way they have played. That really leaves Cle strapped as far as the pool of talent available besides DAJ. I agree Cleveland's assets are crap but I also think they know LBJ is leaving so they are going to want to keep the pick and trade him after the season. Also the pick is volatile with less value and I don't think they or he has the balls to do it now. Even if he leaves Cle would still be over the cap. If they don't trade LBJ they lose him for nothing.

15. dawesome

dawesome Member

I'd rather have KD or even Klay to compliment Harden and CP3 ..but never say no LBJ

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You are obviously put off by him. You just mentioned that you are put off by his dramatic storylines and started accusing some of us of being “nuthuggers”

You don’t have to deny that you are emotionally invested into opposing him lmao.

You’ve gone on rants about kobe being better and now you are saying KD is better.

Moleb and topfive like this.
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Are you saying CLE would trade Lebron at the trade deadline if they're unable to get back Deandre or whoever at the end?

There's no scenario in which that happens, IMO. The man brought a chip to a dead city, man.

Haven't heard anyone yet mentioning a possible trade of Lebron. Sounds insane.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It deleted out a sentence that neither he nor the Cavs have the balls to do it now.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Interesting. How about we try to compile all the things that are signs toward Lebron leaving CLE?

I'll start:
    Unfollowed Cleveland Cavaliers on Twitter

hakeem94 and bumbum09 like this.
  20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Meh. More superstars is never really the answer. They tried that in Cleveland and okc. Look at the s&@t show and drama. It’s all about the right mix. As built, the whole team healthy, we are right up there with the warriors. Anything beyond that is just video games.

hakeem94 likes this.