1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Right now I would rather have Barkley back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaworski2000, Nov 6, 2000.

1. jaworski2000

jaworski2000 Member

Right now I'm disappointed NOT with the Rockets, but with Mo Taylor. I'm not being biased or something but I think he is the reason why we are losing. Last Summer, he kept on promising Rocket fans that he'll play hard and do his best every game. He even told us that we haven't seen "the real Mo Taylor" yet.

He's young, he's strong he could at least give us 9-10 boards a game, or at least 18 points and 5 boards a game. I can understand the injured finger and all but if you're an NBA player you should be able to play through pain. Hell! 3 yrs. ago I injured my left thumb and my right index finger at the same time and I kept on playing throughout our college tournament and my injury didn't keep me from giving my best and playing well.
    He could at least show us the fire in his eyes or his will to win or his fighting spirit.

I know we got him for a bargain but it is him who has something to prove not us Rocket fans. Hell! I remembered during the Quitten era that the Chuckster (with nothing left to prove) signed for 1 Million and led the league in rebounding and averaged around 17 or 18 pts a game and gave his best every night eventhough he sucked on D. But every night especially during the playoffs, you could see the fire in his eyes that he really wants to win.

I'd rather have an old superstar who sucks on D and is injury prone but gives it all than having a young Mo Taylor who sucks on D, is injury prone, and cannot rebound and can score consistently (8 pts 2 nights in a row), and expects to be paid the max next year.

C'mon Mo prove us wrong! Show us the intensity, show us the fire, show that you want to win and we'll show you the money, if that's what you want.

How I wish the Chuckster was here. C'mon Sir Charles, give it one more try for the ring. Please comeback come playoff time so that you and the Dream could kick ass one more time.

------------------
    President of the Sir Charles Barkley Fan Club

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I absolutely love this! We are 1-3, and all the Taylor naysayers are coming out of the woodwork ALREADY to say how he has been such a disappointment! Puh-lease!

You have a guy that averaged over 17 and 6.5 last year, and has been injured for a large portion of his Rocket career, and you want him to score 18 and grab 9-10?

Yeah, so you played through a broken finger, so have I. But can you say you know how Taylor's finger is doing? He is playing through it too, is he not? He just sprained his ankle as well, did he not? If he was 100%, even 90% and not producing, I could see all of the criticism as valid. If anything, him playing with these injuries, multiple ones at that, should lend a little respect for Mo.

Give Taylor a break. I will eat my words if he plays poorly when he is healthy, but I do not think he will. Cato has gone down too. Could that have something to do with it? We have little defensive presence in the middle right now. We seem to be injury plagued already....but everyone wants to blame Taylor for the lack of success the team has had so far....AFTER 4 FREAKIN' GAMES.

There is no justification to blame anything on Mo at this juncture. Let him get healthy first. Let him get some games under his belt with a new team....then come back with an honest evaluation.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3. jaworski2000

jaworski2000 Member

Oh yeah he's playing throuh pain, but I've been to last nights game against Phoenix and I've watched all the games on direct TV, and I can't see the fire in his eyes man. I know it's just 4 games in the season but a bad start is a bad start man. I didn't sy he should score 18 and grab 9-10 boards. I said that he could at least grab 9-10 boards or if not, he could at least score 18 and grab us 5 boards a game. Please read my post coz you might have missed that part my man!
    I'm not being disrespectful to Mo, I actually respect him for playing through pain but whether he's playing through pain or not he could at least concentrate on one aspect of the game. It's either scoring or playing D and grabing boards coz whether he's injured or not he's not a do it all type of guy. I've seen this guy play even in college. So if he really wants to win he'll do his part either on the Defensive or offensive side coz that's waht smart players do to win.

------------------
    President of the Sir Charles Barkley Fan Club

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I didn't miss anything in reading and responding to your post, but thanks for checking.

Taylor has never been seen as a fiery individual. I, too, watched him at Michigan, with the Clippers, and now with Houston. He shows an occasional moment of intensity that is visual, but you cannot ask the guy to act a certain way he is not accustomed to. Tim Duncan shows virtually no fire, but he is extremely effective.

I have to ask, even with injuries, why would you want Taylor to "concentrate on one aspect of the game?" If injured, you do what you can to be productive. But you don't ask a guy to be one-dimensional and just go get us some boards, or just go score some points. You simply need some production. I prefer production to be on both ends.

Regardless, I am not down on Taylor at all considering the circumstances and injuries that have already hit us this early into things. I can't say I am surprised to see people blaming Taylor for a large portion of it. I think it is ridiculous to do so right now. But I am not surprised!

Talk to me in about 2 months and we can compare notes again.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."