1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ricky and Bonzi sitting under a tree...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texas Stoke, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

..you know how the rest goes.

Since Scottie Quitten, I've hated no player more.

Trade him. Cut him. I don't care. I want that fat, lazy, phoney, quitter off my Rockets. He's bad karma. He Quit. He Quit on us going into the playoffs. The year before ge quit on Memphis going into the playoffs. No player in the history of the NBA has quit even once on their team heading into the playoffs. This fat tub of lard did it twice. What does Bonzi bring to our team? Nothing. Yet Rick A not only plays him, he plays him more than Shane, more than Chuck at times, and last night in Goldenstate gave him the nod over the
    hardest worker most deserving player on our team, Luis Scola.

If Ricky A has any dignity, any sense of good judgment, he will bench that fat waste of space and start giving more minutes to players who deserve it more.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

Don't sugarcoat it.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Can we go a day without someone whining and b*tching about something? A player goes through a bad stretch and people are taking personal shots at them.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

didn't maxwell quit on the rockets in the playoffs?

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's "sittin IN a tree", I thought, no?

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yeah bonzi is the anti-christ. :rolleyes: . lets all lynch him. bonzi come the playoffs will make you look foolish.

7. Texas Stoke

Come playoff time he will QUIT.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

cue tinman...

9. Texas Stoke

You call shooting 30% through 6 games a bad stretch? I'd call that more than a bad stretch. But I will give you that. Aside from shooting the ball poorly, which Bonzi takes the cake in, what does Bonzi give our team night in, night out?

10. Texas Stoke

Bonzi is eating into Scola and Battier's minutes. Those dudes will win you more
    games the more minutes they play. The whatchamacallit ratings say so. Ricky A just doesn't get this. Thats my point.

11. tharges

tharges Member

Tex at least he attacks the goal more than anyone else on the team and when he did we were winning, by the way the correct name for bonzi is snackwells! :D

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

No! We aren't going to trade him! We can suck all he wants for the money he is getting!

LOL....

But on a more serious note, Aldeman should sub Bonzi in for Yao because outside of Yao, he is our best post-up player. If he and Francis can get some type of pick-n-roll to the basket thing going like Orlando does with Howard/Arroyo it would be good.

We have a great PnR combo with Yao and T-Mac, and good PnR combo with James and Scola so another PnR combo of Francis and Bonzi would be great for this team. Bonzi is a good finisher around the basket and so is Francis. And we aren't paying either of them much money so it would be dumb to trade them unless we can get Maggette or something like that for a package.

13. Texas Stoke

The only thing Bonzi has done is give me a newfound apperciation for Steve Francis. I didn't like Francis until I've seen Bonzi play this year. Bonzi is the anti-Francis. The contrasting of effort and energy between the two, you just can't miss it.

14. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

um bonzi has tons of energy when he plays. it IS a contract year after all. he just needs to get in a rhythm.

15. D.J. Augustin

D.J. Augustin Member

Link?

16. Texas Stoke

Pretend I'm the old coach for the Colts and he's being asked about the playoffs.

"Bonzi has tons of energy? ENERGY? TONS of ENERGY? ENERGY?"

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm just going to start repeating this in every thread where it applies:

Van Gundy used the regular season to win games and secure playoff position. I don't think Adelman is doing that. I think he's using the early part of the season primarily to experiment with different player combinations in different situations. So the fact that Battier (whom I love) and Scola (whom I increasingly respect) "win you games" does not guarantee them the PT. I dislike Bonzi, too. But he is different from any of our other players, so I'm OK with the experimenting, to a point.

18. Wimpy Winston

Wimpy Winston Member

19. Texas Stoke

Bonzi's shooting 30% percent dude.

EXPERIMENTING with what to see if he's going to quit?

He quit, twice.

It aint about disliking the guy it's about not being taken for a ride again.

I can't believe you all are allowing this guy to sucker yall again.

If you quit on us last year you better not come in shooting 30% and being a lazy defender.

it should be over. bye. see ya later.

20. conquistador#11

grrr,i was expecting to see in da mix pics of ricky williams and Bonzi