1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman to coach Timberwolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Sep 12, 2011.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Personally I don't do rankings so much as I guess wins. I would imagine the cutoff line for making the playoffs in the west next year at 45 wins. And at worst maybe 42 wins. Obviously numbers assuming full season, otherwise similar percentages. If everything comes together for the Wolves and luck goes their way, i.e. lucky bounces in close games, I can see them maybe being .500.

So no, no chance at the playoffs. And likely not even close.

2. Dei

Dei Member

I doubt he's gonna make that team better. From what I've seen of him here, he's a good game coach, knows how make veterans play better together but not a development coach.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think he has as much talent in minny as he did his 1st yr in sacramento. I would take love over the 1998 webber. I would take wesley johnson over corliss or peja in 1998. I think he will get them to 35-41 wins if the season starts on time.

4. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

5. Nook

Nook Member

This is all about the money. Adelman gets $20,000,000 guaranteed. He took a job with an organization that won only 17 games last year and is loaded with malcontents. It makes no sense for a 65 year old veteran coach that did not want to coach a rebuilding team. He now has a GM that is incompetent and he hates as a person.

Simply stated, Rick ran to the money. As far as him not "rotting" in Minnesota. They have Kevin Love, and that is about all that is certain. Rubio bombed in Europe, running a system very similar to the one that Adelman utilizes. Beasley is not an efficient scorer or player, routinely is out of position, does not defend and makes more choices with the basketball. Anthony Randolph is another poor defender and inconsistent player. Derrick Williams may become a good player, but is a rookie....... sounds to me that anyone coaching the Wolves at this point is "rotting".

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im just commenting on what i read in the article carl herrerra posted.

again...

1 person likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'd rather have Chuck over an inefficient chucker that doesn't play defense.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Come on. Your comments are all about not liking Adelman, not where he ended up, and you aren't the only one.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

His comments seem spot on to me. What other reason can you think of for a 65 year old veteran coach going to one of the worse positioned teams in the league? I'm genuinely curious.

11. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

you stfu.
    he got $16 for 4 years with Rockets.

12. Chris Jent MVP

sixteen dollars for 4 years ???? :eek:

no wonder he hates morey and les so much.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Then he should trade Love for Brad Miller, and uh.............................damn I cant think of anyone else on the damn team who would make my joke laughable without going backwards:cool::cool:

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

NOW THATS FUNNY!!!! :confused::cool:

15. Nook

Nook Member

He ended up coaching the worst team in the NBA, full of chuckers and malcontents.

There was apparently disagreement between Adelman and his last GM. So what does he do? He goes to a team where the GM is someone he completely hates.

Add it all up, and it is a big money grab. He will help the Timberwolves, and I expect half their young players to be gone in a year or two (because they are not good basketball players)

Still..... if this does not workout, he better not complain, he knew what he got into.

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

The difference however really is stature, however. If Adelman wants a brand new chair to sit on when he's watching videos, Kahn better get him one. If Adelman wants Kahn to walk his dogs, Kahn better buy a leash. Adelman can basically tell Kahn to go f himself whenever he wants to, and I'm sure Rick will finally truly become the Ruler in all his monocled glory. He can't with Morey.

17. arjun

arjun Member

I agree that Adelman settled..and joined the T'wolves because of the money they offered.

That being said I fully expect him to do a good job, and I promise that they will make the playoffs atleast once or twice in the next 5 years, and Adelman will be a big reason they do

18. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

So much for the theory that Adelman didn't want to be part of a rebuilding effort.

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

None of this matters if Kevin Love leaves.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because he likes to coach?

What does 65 have to do with anything?

DD