1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reverse Poll Question: Which Rockets newcomer has dissapointed you the most so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Nov 20, 2005.

Tags:
?

Which Rockets newcomer has dissapointed you the most so far?

1. Rafer Alston

136 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Derek Anderson

122 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Luther Head

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  4. Stromile Swift

136 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Definitely Rafer Alston because of what we gave up to get him, Mike James is tearing it up in Toronto and I don't want to hear any BS from posters that say so what, Toronto is 1-8. We could use his 20+ PPG and 50% shooting average right now.

2. FadeAway_Dreams

No doubt. Its alot easier for Mike James to go someplace like Toronto and be a main piece of the offense and rip it up like he is but he did that a couple times for us last season. Now, with Tmac out, we could use it even more with how bad Anderson, Wesley and Alston are playing.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Rafer Alston has just been a mess so far this season, I really hope he turns a corner and starts producing

4. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

I voted for Rafer and the fact that he is currently in Gundy's 'doghouse' doesn't inspire too much confidence :-/ ...

5. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Toss up between Alston and Anderson. Alston looks like Charlie Ward did last season - professional and competent at starting the offense, but mostly ineffective at anything else. Anderson looks like a guy trying to earn one final contract - shoot, shoot, shoot - and doing that poorly. He does nothing to make his other teammates better.

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Should have brought back Cassell/Mobley

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

Rafer is his own worst enemy here.

I always thought that his upside was his transition O in the open court.

Well, if he can't play defense correctly and allow unmolested dribble penetration, then its going to cut down on his chances to play to his abilities because it limits his transition O opportunities.

Once Rafer gets the D down (and there is no reason to think he can't), I think we'll start seeing him being more effective.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

DA looks old
    Rafer looks lost
    Swift if who he is

I can't decide between Rafer and DA because that's the two I expected something out of.

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Can I select 2 players? Alston and Anderson.

JVG looks like an idiot right now for trading Mike James for Alston. Why did he think a streetballer could fit better than James in his so called "inside-out", half court, slow motion basketball? Just because Alston comes from New York? It is ridiculous.

And I don't even want to mention Derek Anderson any more, if I have to pick THE worst newcomer, he is the one. Not only he can't shoot, he takes bad shots. The worst of all, his lazy attitude on defense. It disgusts me.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Interesting but not surprising, the three player acquistions are tied for "most disappointing." And JVG pegged two of them as starters. :confused: And the Rockets have sought after Anderson for some time. Why? Is anyone else losing confidence in the team's ability to access talent? And Jackson and James were both here last year. They are playing key roles on their new teams.

The Texans have made some terrible personnel decisions, especially last off season, and they are horrible on the field. Casserly and Capers will likely pay for these mistakes with their jobs. Dawson and JVG are certainly not in the same situation, but they need to get creative real quick. Did you see the empty seats in Reliant last night? The TC won't be overflowing if the Rockets continue to lose. Notice how interest in the BBS has already dropped off. It's an entertainment business.

11. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

swift's career has been a dissapointment.

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Alston, Anderson, and Swift have all disappointed thus far this season. In the summer legue and preseason, I thought Head would be disappointing. So far, he is the only non-disappointment.