1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reverse Poll Question: Which Rockets newcomer has dissapointed you the most so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Nov 20, 2005.

Tags:
?

Which Rockets newcomer has dissapointed you the most so far?

1. Rafer Alston

136 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Derek Anderson

122 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Luther Head

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  4. Stromile Swift

136 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Which Rockets newcomer has dissapointed you the most so far?

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

luther is anything but a dissapointment.

DA was just supposed to add some depth and he is doing that...even if he is in a slump.

stro was supposed to produce more but since Jho is playing so well stro's minutes decreased and so i don't blame him.

rafer was supposed to be our floor general. he has been very hesitant, and is the only newcomer that hasn't done what was expected so far.

3. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Glad to see Luther with zero, if anything, he is about the only overacheiver of the bunch.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Derek Anderson sucks, but I wasn't expected that much from the guy.

Stro has at least had a few good games.

Head's been just fine. Especially for a rookie.

Rafer's the guy who really concerns me with his lackluster play. The guy can't make wide-open shots and his quickness and alleged ballhandling ability hasn't translated into any prolific fast break scoring.

5. noize

noize Contributing Member

They all have their ups and downs, but I think Head is more consistent of all of them.

One thing I've seen that they all have in common, none of them could finish around the basket after a fast break. I've never seen so many blown layups in all of my time as a Rocket's fan. They really need to work on this problems if they're gonna have a success running the floor which was sappose to be one of our strenght coming into the new season.

6. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

Can I vote all of them except HEAD? :mad:

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

I can't believe somebody voted for Head. :D

8. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

I say vote 2 people my vote first is DA but i think both rafer and DA have sucked but I think Rafer will come around and is the right fit Da on the other hand is slow and cant shoot and I dont think he ever will. Did anyone see when he played in the Kenny smith relief fund all star game he air balled like one of the first shots taken it was a foot on the line 3 man he is still lookin like that.

9. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

DA - goodness, I just looked at his shooting for the season... 31.5%
    FGM/FGA FT
    0-7 4-4
    1-4 0-0
    5-10 1-2
    1-5 1-2
    2-3 0-0
    6-17 6-8
    2-7 3-3
    4-14 6-6
    2-6 0-0

I thought Dwes was shooting bad, but he still is shooting 34%. Luther Head and Jon Barry are shooting 40% and 41% respectively, perhaps we need some substitutions.

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

I would say Swift, but I never expected him to come in average 18/10 like alot of people did.

I vote for Alston. Hes been off offensively, but he is REALLy bad on defensive, to the point of looking very lost.

11. The Ming Dynasty

No one's voted for Head. :confused:

12. The Ming Dynasty

OK, now some dumb @$$ voted for Head. :mad:

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I voted for Anderson. He's not playing hurt, he's a vet, and he should be producing much better than he is. I'm willing to cut Alston a lot more slack, because he's trying to run an offense that's clearly new to him. Swift has shown flashes of why we got him. I don't know why Head's in the poll... he's a rookie. Anderson has really disappointed me. I sure hope he comes around.

14. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

whoever voted for head should be shot.

15. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

in the face...

Good work T-Mac, sticking up for the rookie. I'm sure he'll appreciate during the next game. By the way everybody, TMac640 is the real Tracy McGrady so he has all the "inside scoop" as well.
    Ok back to doing my english hw...

16. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

wow even up all 3

17. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

yeah, i was going to comment on how even it is...rafer has 69 votes right now and DA and stro both have 71. i think stro is the biggest disappointment thus far b/c among the newcomers, he came w/ the most anticipation and expectations. he can't even earn a starting spot over juwan (no disrespect) right now...

however, i still believe he, DA and rafer will turn it up eventually in the season. i know everyone's getting tired of hearing this, but it's still very early in the season. i am getting more and more tired of losing, but the new pieces are very integral pieces to this team, so it makes sense that we're not working very cohesively right now. i have full confidence in stro and rafer. DA will soon realize he is no longer in portland and show better shot selection. guys, BELIEVE!

18. SunsRocketsfan

wow all 3 is even at 76 right now after my vote for alston. i didnt even know it was going to be even. pretty cool.. just goes to show you how crapppy all the new guys have been.. shoot them all or have head give them some head. maybe that will play better

19. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

I love this thread/poll. :D

I voted for RA because even though Stro was the most exciting pick up of the offseason, he was only a 50-50 to start, and we didn't overpay him (I guess that's yet to be seen but...). On the other hand, not only are we paying RA to play this bad, but we gave up Mike James for him. I never was huge on him (MJ), but his production with us last year would be better than RA's this year. I truly hope this thread produces a lot of "classic" moments and we are all proven wrong, but.... :rolleyes:

20. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

all but Luther

No brainer that DA, Swift and Rafer have been a minus instead of a plus-
    Just look at the record.