1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Resigned to mediocrity - for this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobby, Feb 9, 2000.

1. Bobby

Bobby Member

I just can't see the Rockets with more than 32-36 wins this year. I hate it - but I'm a realist and we are just not consistent enough. Sure, Phoenix or Seattle could have a total collapse in the last part of the season but I think the Easter Bunny will be here before that happens. Besides, we'd have to play better than .500 ball to take advantage of any collapse, and that ain't going to happen either.

Maybe we should continue the rebuilding process. Popeye's comments on trades have merit, as long as we don't end up with some high priced FA-to-be. Give the lame more time to heal by using the old 10 day contract to run potential Rockets in and out of here; it'd just be one long tryout camp, but could give us a head start on next season. Scheme on how to move up in the draft without destroying our promising nucleus.

Most of all, concentrate on finding an arena compromise that'll keep the Rockets here!