1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republicans in Disarray: Trump and Republican Congress nearing unsalvageable relationship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Aug 22, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Shambles, utter shambles the Republican party is in right now. Never has there been this level of incompetence, where people in the same party can't even work together. Thank Republicans for setting this country back and getting the American people to lose complete faith in the government.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/us/politics/mitch-mcconnell-trump.html

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well thankfully Trump is white so they won't be called racist for disagreeing with the president this time around. That'll be a nice change.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What will be a nice change is when you let go of your grudge with Obama and the previous administration in order to talk about current events and not the past. I'm not counting on that though.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be nice if you understood what I was saying for a change. I'm not counting on that though.

5. conquistador#11

3 years from now the new gop will say savage democrats, who can't even raise 5 dollars in donations by the way, planted donald trump to destroy the GOP.

6. MexAmercnMoose

damn, the second post in this thread went straight to race...LOL

7. Buck Turgidson

East Tex Louie Gohmert (Nacadoches) tried to blame the Nazi Rally on "liberals". Funny how a couple of those guys are right here on the bbs.

Whats up "aces high!?!"

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a valid point given that the knuckle draggers down here in the D&D including the OP blamed the bad relationship between congress and the last president on racism. I was just pointing out that it's a good thing that those people can't spin things that way anymore.

9. MexAmercnMoose

valid point? doubtful, and even if it was, in this thread, probably unnecessary...the point of the OP is to discuss the current problems between the GOP and Trump...the fact that you immediately deflect the OP with race/Obama, in the 2nd post, is LOL WORTHY...back to the OP, the GOP has been willing to give Trump a shot, however, Trump expects loyalty but doesn't give it back....who's going to want to work for someone like that? McConnell and the establishment are also supporting Flake, one of Trump's biggest critics, we'll see what Trump says in Phoenix...and now Bannon is out of the White House...another problem for the GOP...this is going to get even more juicy, especially with tax reform on the horizon...

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

it's absolutely a valid point. Given that really stupid people here in the D&D including the OP couldn't understand how there could be legitimate reasons for congress and the president to not get along in past administrations, it's interesting that he's now figured out that can happen. It makes it noteworthy.

11. MexAmercnMoose

then make a thread...lol, damn...now back to the GOP and TRUMP
    my favorite part of the NYT article:

Mr. Trump’s most explosive remarks came at a news conference in Manhattan, where he stood beside Ms. Chao. (Ms. Chao, deflecting a question about the tensions between her husband and the president she serves, told reporters, “I stand by my man — both of them.”

LOL..draaaama!

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, it was relevant in THIS thread, and that's why I brought it up. Try to keep up.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

How has the country been "set back", exactly?

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I can't be sure, but it looks like someone immediately brought up Obama.

Usually feels like a reach, but the one interesting thing, I guess, is someone could argue that Republicans in Congress just can't get along with anyone, and we assumed it was just a purportedly liberal (sic) president. They also can't get along with themselves, their constituents, or a Republican president. LOL. Well, okay then.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There you go spreading lies again, like Trump. I have not once said that congress disagreed with Obama due to racism. You are wasting your time arguing something that never happened.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Good news.

Trump's bullying tactic not only doesn't work with Congress, it backfires.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The Repg in Congress is just too diverse and balanced, if you will, with moderate on one side and equally, with extreme right wing on the other side.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Was it bigotexx or BobbytheGrape? I got money on bigotexx but Bobby has been on an unhinged rampage lately judging by all the responses I see to nobody in particular.