1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Warriors agree to sign-and-trade deal for D'Angelo Russell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Jul 1, 2019.

?

warriors stronger?

1. yes

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  3. wait and see

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. jaychi

jaychi Member

2. amaru

amaru Member

daywalker02 and topfive like this.
  3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You should put this in the other thread about the same thing in the NBA forum man.

CCity Zero and topfive like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

bmelo likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Russell is an interesting guy........his shooting is on the rise.

I didn't anticipate that the relationship between KD and the FO was that bad......and with Steph he wished they had more chemistry.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Considering klay is out for a year and KD refused to re-sign, yes they did salvage their off-season.

DLo is only 22yo. It's a pretty good pickup for them even he doesn't get better than he was last year.

DLo will probably run the point while Curry runs around screens like Klay did.

CCity Zero and daywalker02 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kyrie cannot carry a team, so Year 1 is probably not going to be great, prolly East Top 4-6.

Other teams made deals as well.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's a horrible deal...and total desperation move by the Warriors.

As a result of acquiring Russell, they have to now let go of Iggy, Cousins, Looney, Cook, and others. Plus a first round pick.

What do they get? A dude that will occupy the backcourt that Klay is supposed to play and a guy who is equally as horrendous on defense as Curry.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It’s an ACL, not an Achilles. Klay should be back by January and that team is going to be a top 3 seed yet again. Curry Russell Klay Draymond is still fearsome. Russell shot 37% from 3 last year and I bet that goes up with GSW’s superior coaching.

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm thinking closer to playoffs but regardless, definitely agree, it's not like an Achilles injury and they still will have a window. Nets are gambling, but I think it's worth a shot (what other choices did they have?). I think it's funny on Knicks not doing it, but that franchise is a dumpster fire. I think Durant will recover, but it's certainly a tough uphill battle vs an ACL