1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets consider signing Looney away from the Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 28, 2019.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

An article written by a very bitter GSW fan

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2...ncy-houston-rockets-jimmy-butler-kevin-durant

For the millionth year in a row, the Houston Rockets in a scrambling mode during free agency, desperately hoping to make a big splash that will spare them from postseason humiliation.

After the Splash Bros broke Houston’s spine like Bane did Batman last May, there’s been swirling rumors that the Rockets are going to flip their roster upside down this summer in the search for a big fish or two.

And word on the street is they have their eyes set one of the young heroes of the Golden Empire, Kevon “I don’t need a collarbone to play in the Finals” Looney.

Per Jon Becker of the Mercury News:

Looney, who is an unrestricted free agent, is reportedly among the centers the Rockets are looking to pursue as they may be facing a massive overhaul that could include losing Clint Capela.

ESPN is reporting Houston is focused on trying to add 76ers free agent Jimmy Butler to its tandem of James Harden and Chris Paul, which could cost the Rockets at least two of three mainstays in Capela, guard Eric Gordon and forward P.J. Tucker.

THE AUDACITY! And didn’t they just cash out Capela last year? SMH, these dudes flip players like I flip Draw Two’s in a game of Uno.

Now I’m normally not one to delve into free agency speculation because I can just do all of it in NBA2K and create the world I want to see. BUT, it would be especially painful to see the Warriors’ young weapon, whom they birthed into the NBA, join those frauds in Houston.

Then again, Loon deserves to get paid, and I’d be happy if he took care of his family. #itsabusiness.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Online Warriors fans might be the worst I've seen. Imagine seeing your favorite team win three championships in five years and still being this angry and bitter.

malakas likes this.
  3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Rockets trying to dismantled the Warriors by getting Looney only to find out LA Lakers are in their way to win next year lol. So much for being obsessed beating the Warriors.

hakeem94 likes this.