1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Report: Kobe Bryant out another two weeks to month with knee fracture

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jlwee, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jlwee

jlwee Member

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Makes it a little more likely he skips the rest of the season, which is what should happen.

3. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Kobe out until Lakers secure their lottery position.

4. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

James Harden All Star Starter.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dude needs to skip the rest of his career. Trying to break MJ's records by playing until he is 50 was bad karma.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lakers paid him so he has to try. Logically, since this season is a complete loss, Kobe should sit and focus on next year. Problem is, next year is a complete loss too. 2015 is supposed to be their year to make a splash in free agency.

Lakers are mess and I love it. :grin:

7. lalala902102001

Kobe is done. Stick a fork in him.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kobe will be in a wheel chair by 2015. He should seriously consider retirement

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Keep gettin' them checks Kobe!

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

An end of an era. I predict he will either announce his retirement this summer or sometime next season. As much as I hated him, I will miss watching him play. There are very few players that I've watched that you actually feared when they had the ball in their hands with the game on the line. Truly special player.

1 person likes this.
  11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

6 weeks was a generous timeline from the beginning. I know Yao is a completely different body but when he had a similar injury, he was out for 10 weeks. Another player who's name I forgot also had a similar injury and was out for 10 weeks.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

As much as I want to revel in the Lakers' demise, all this talk of setback after setback reminds me too much of TMac/Yao...

I wish these guys could all go out on top, with no regrets

13. clippy

clippy Member

Too bad but he has zero effect on the Lakers at this point. He should just retire with some dignity because his contract is crippling the team and the next few years are going to be painful for Laker fans. Then again, they deserve it... worst fans in the game.

14. Raven

Raven Member

The Lakers brought it on themselves by giving him that contract. They were stupid to do it, and it's going to slow down their rebuild. Their chances of luring a super star are significantly lower as long as Kobe and his contract are on the books.

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The Lakers have no one to blame but themselves. The second they chose Kobe over Dwight Howard they proved the new Buss is an idiot. Even if it wasn't true or they weren't being sincere they should have appeased Howard. Then they could have considered keeping Kobe or not. Not would have been my preference. But to sign him with that contract after an injury that he had not proven he could return from. Beyond stupid. The good thing is they will stink in a good year to stink and in 2 years Kobe will be gone. The bad news is they have a stupid leader.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sit it out, get a top five pick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>INJURY UPDATE: Kobe Bryant was examined tonight &amp; still has pain and swelling in his left knee. Examined again in approximately 3 weeks.</p>&mdash; Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lakers/statuses/428383317902110720">January 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bryant will continue with a program of non-weight bearing exercise, consisting mostly of working out on a stationary bike.</p>&mdash; Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lakers/statuses/428383374818803713">January 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Have to disagree with you man, I would definitely choose (one of) an all-time great over a 1-yr rental with a bad predisposition.

Yeah, they made a huge mistake in signing Kobe to that BS deal before he even suited up, but I think the hallmark of Buss' stupidity was bringing in MDA over one of the greatest coaches of all time.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No way is he sitting out only being 592 points behind Jordan. He is going to play, and shoot, as much as his body allown him to.

19. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

He should just take the year off, the Lakers are tanking anyway.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member