1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[Report] Jameis Winston Point Shaving

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ChumpCity, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

TMZ..

F-ing autocorrect wins again

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

for $5,500? please. Come on now. I guess Jameis told the FSU D not to cover Louisville's WRs either? Jameis is going to sign a contract worth millions next year. This is a stupid betting website that lost money. Louisville was supposed to upset FSU.

4. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Let's see if anything comes out of UAB investigation. Might just be one guy gambling on his own or it could all be lies.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't see a single QB from this class being worthy of a high pick. Mariota will be because of his size, arm, and mobility, but I don't really think any of these guys have enough of the right stuff to succeed at the next level.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not a Winston fan at all, but is he really "being investigated" if the only entity that's investigating him is some shady gambling website?

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Winston will go early

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So for the Texans it is either Savage or Mallet or bust

Rocket River

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Winston top 10 to mid 1st rd. The qb I see slipping is Petty. Wouldnt surprise me if he went in the 3rd round or later once the scouts dissect his game tape.

12. Nook

Nook Member

If there is any validity to the point shaving allegations, Winston will not go in the first round. He would be facing jail time and the NFL will not want to deal with allegations of gambling. The NFL is already dealing with the concussion mess (and dropping participation in football in school), the domestic abuse issues .... they do NOT want to have to deal with the integrity of the game being questioned.

Rape... stealing crab legs... and being vulgar all are excusable in modern sports, point shaving? NOPE.

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

They are excusable for Florida St. The NCAA has no power when it comes to issues like that. It's all the school unless the athlete is getting cash and might be ineligible. That's an NCAA issue.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

You can go to jail for point shaving even if you didn't earn any money from it? TMZ has been on point but I think they are grasping at straws on this one.

And why not take Winston? Just hire someon to watch his dumb butt 24/7 so he doesn't eff up, lol. Guy has to mature at some point right?! Amirite guys?!?!

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZU_Dk6aRfUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This look more like something to look into for a Point Shaving issue

Rocket River

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If he was shaving points, it would have been easier to simply drop the pass. That looks more like a case of the receiver being an idiot.

17. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I found a link to this article on Twitter from the Colts beat writer, Chappell. It has a more detailed account of what allegedly transpired. Not saying it is or isn't BS, but if true, Prosecutors may soon be yelling, "F him right in the P!!!"

http://t.co/yjyYfPO6Or

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I first heard about this while listening to 610. They were about to be report it because it was on Fox Sports, but when they realized where they picked up the story from, they immediately backtracked from it being an actual "story". Apparently the guy who's "reporting" this has a history of throwing a bunch of crap against the wall hoping something will stick. Not really a very credible guy. The 610 hosts questioned why Fox Sports would run with a story from this guy and within minutes, Fox Sports had pulled the article (I guess they repackaged it later with a "we don't know what to believe, what do you think" slant to it).

I hadn't heard of this website before, but it sounds like it doesn't have a very trustworthy reputation with people in the know. I'm not going to buy into it until a legit source does some actually reporting, not just reprinting an allegation from a dubious source.

19. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Roger that. Chappell was probably duped as well. I hope the allegations aren't true for his sake, but if there's any truth to them, yikes. They will make an example of him and it won't be pretty.

20. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Cause its From IncarceratedBob,

If You know his history, you know he has been wrong 100% of the time