1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Carmelo reveals his preferred destination

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

http://cavaliersnation.com/2017/07/09/report-carmelo-anthony-reveals-preferred-destination/

http://amicohoops.net/carmelo-anthony-news-york-knicks-cleveland-cavaliers-houston-rockets/

With the approaching addition of Tim Hardaway Jr. and a $71 million contract, the New York Knicks are continuing to pursue trades centered on star forward Carmelo Anthony.

Of course, the Knicks’ options are somewhat limited, as Anthony has a no-trade clause in his deal. That means Carmelo doesn’t go where Carmelo doesn’t want to go.

That basically leaves two teams for the Knicks: The Houston Rockets, and Cleveland Cavaliers.

Anthony reportedly would be open to playing for either — as good friend Chris Paul has joined the Rockets, and good friend LeBron James is already on the Cavs.

But that can be the sticking point. The Knicks haven’t liked any of the deals the Rockets have offered. Nor have they been enamored with proposals from the Cavs.

The Knicks don’t particularly want to take back Rockets forward Ryan Anderson (at least, not yet). And the Cavs don’t particularly want to give up forward Kevin Love (at least, not yet). So the the Knicks continue to hold out, hope and wait to see how they can move Anthony best.

There is no hurry to get a deal done from any of the three teams, as training camp is still months away.

Then again, the Rockets and Knicks could start moving here again quickly.

Per ESPN: “The Rockets have been persistent in their pursuit of Anthony, who is willing to waive his no-trade clause to join Chris Paul and James Harden in Houston, league sources told ESPN, and the Knicks do not imagine a scenario where Hardaway Jr. is sharing the floor with Anthony to start the season.”

As for the Cavs, they have talked to the Knicks about Anthony by floating the promise of Turkish draft-and-stash swingman Cedi Osman in return (along with several veterans off the bench, who the Knicks seemingly do not want).

So as of this moment, it appears the Cavs are content to wait and see — in hopes the Knicks cannot work out a deal with the Rockets, and therefore have no option other than to buy out Anthony’s contract.

That is not as much of a long shot as some are calling it. Word is, Anthony is angling to join the Cavs first, the Rockets second. And Knicks owner James Dolan loves Anthony just enough to write that monstrous buyout check, almost as a favor. (It would also clear all sorts of salary-cap space, benefiting the Knicks, too.)

Right now, again, it’s too early to call anyone a favorite for the Knicks’ 33-year old standout of a scoring forward. All we really know is Carmelo is still a wanted man — and where he goes next surely impact the NBA in oh so many ways.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Amico. The dude is only known as a guy who makes things up. Do you have any TMZ or Incarcerated Bob articles you'd like to share?

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

ummm so nothing really changed

4. Nook

Nook Member

Please don't post anything from Amico.

5. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

So much Jeremy Linn disrespect!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

According to AmicoHoops?

[​IMG]

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

But it's about Carmelo. I thought any new threads about Carmelo were accepted.

8. jacoby

jacoby Member

Amico about to show the world he's on King Drew's level.

Fullcourt likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

I trust the potato more than the Amico.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The **** this situation is so annoying

Invisible Fan, Tfor3, ISOBall and 2 others like this.
  11. Coach E

Coach E Member

I mean this is pretty obvious.

Basically ensures you make the finals if you goto the cavs. Also closer to NY and the family.

But if he will drop for the rockets I don't really care if his first choice is lebron

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

we all know melo would prefer cavs. but melo can't choose them unless theres a buyout or cavs are willing to trade kevin love.

I still think we have a chance to nab him in a trade.

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This story is simply done to press Morey to sweeten the pot. It's so transparent and I highly doubt he falls for it.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I trust Chris Broussard's sauces more than I trust Amico...sh*t, I might even trust holic more than I trust this dude

bilaal14 likes this.
  15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

not surprising. lebron is his #1 choice. lets hope we can trade for melo

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Battle of Carmeloville reaches new heights.

malakas likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

I trust the haiku Melo thread for news more than Amico.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Meh. Amico is just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks, as usual. That being said, it makes sense. Melo on the Cavs as currently constructed is a guaranteed Finals trip.

That being said, good luck with that buyout NY. At least with the Rockets you get something back in return.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

damn.....im still hoping he gets bought out and chooses the rockets, so we get him AND keep ryno.

i can understand with the cavs its an almost guaranteed trip to the finals, but him or love will have to come off the bench, which will be pretty awkward. i dont see how that is really going to work. they already have stars at the 3 and 4 position. who gets to close the game ?

i think he fits a lot better on the rockets, and that is from an unbiased POV, but with the west being much tougher i can understand if he wants to stay in the east.

Fullcourt likes this.
  20. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Personally I feel like the biggest takeaway here is the perception that Dolan might like Anthony enough to buy him out. If he didn't choose us, we're still fine. But if he chooses us we can go even harder.