1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember when you were a newbie?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Ahhh those were the days.

I lurked for about a month reading all the posts, establishing who my favorites were and seeking out their every entry (Rocketman95, Jeff, MadMax, HeyPartner, Achebe). I wanted to say something significant in my first post because I'd noticed that the first impression was going to be the one that lasted.

Luckily I was in the Miami international airport and saw Glen Rice and his wife waiting for the same flight that I was to Houston. This was my chance! I could contribute something significant to this board and maybe gain the respect of people who I didn't even know but were huge fans of. Against the way I normally flow I went up to him, introduced myself and told him "Welcome to Houston". He had just been traded to the Rocket's and I'd gotten the first shot at him. Before Berman, before anyone.

After a brief questionaire and an overview of the city at his wifes request, I couldn't wait to get on the plane and start writing the post that would be the first of almost 5000.

I spent hours on that thing. Writing, correcting, reading and re-reading, finally it was done. Two days later I got up enough courage to post it and one of my newest heroes HeyPartner signed off on it and congratulated me on my first post. I was ecstatic.

Sadly I think my first post has been my best, but at least I had that first one. Glen didn't do much while he was here, but at least he provided me a launching point into the best fan site ever. :)

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who are you again?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You know...not really. :)

But thanks man...that means a lot.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

HAH. everybody is a comedian.

I'll have to search for my first post, because I don't remember it.

I used to always look at clutchcity.net before i realized they had a freaking message board.

I learned about clutchcity.net from the radio I think. I think I lurked on the board from the spring or summer of 2001, and then I decided to register for the forum in January 2002.

Let me go search.

5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

They call me the Brother to the night, and I'm the groove in yo left thigh trying to become the fonk in yo right. :cool:

6. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I don't remember what the hell I posted about back then. I do remember that it was the off season, and I couldn't believe there was no activity on the board. Then someone set me straight: "Dude, it IS the of season, after all," or something to that effect.

Now there isn't much difference in traffic at any given time of year and the off season is loaded with idiots and idiotic trade requests.

I hate the off season.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't remember; it was probably almost 10 years ago ( :eek: ). It was before we had to re-register so I wouldn't even be able to find my real first post.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yes, I do. Any more questions?

9. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

not my first post, but thats about how long i've been visiting.

it was cc '96, and clutch was all about super mario elie!

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I actually don't remember...

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I'd been reading clutchcity.net for years and years and years and started posting here when I realized I was bored way too often. All I know is, I make sure not to post things that make me sound too dumb, so I won't get called out. Oh and, my post count is really probably around 80, and people don't know that. So it helps out a bit. :cool:

I spend way too much time in chat though. I suppose I am quite a loser, but I love everyone on here so much. :)

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

My first post

Who the hell is that "popeye" person? :D

I mistakenly thought it was the Rockets that got a 20 point lead in game one of the '95 Finals...yeah, great start there, A-Train...dumbass!!

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Oh yeah, I just saw that my first post was on 01/01/2000...Didn't want to start posting and then have the world end in a Y2K catastrophe...

14. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I was a lurker for awhile with another name. I forgot it and now I am MoBalls.

I'm here, I'm MoBalls, get use to it!

AB, you're one of my favorites. Not because your act was described as a six foot black boar, but your pretty funny. Not ALL comedians are funny.

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I used to love how you'd find ways to work in something along the lines of bending Shara Fryer over the Eyewitness News anchor desk. :D

My first post was at the old board in '98. It concerned the lack of people going into the chatroom (regardless of the fact that it was the offseason!). LOL N00B. :eek:

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My newb years haunt me to this day... I apologize for my actions.

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I just went back and reread about the first 100 posts I had here. Kind of scary.

I was accussed of being in the clique in my first 100 posts though. :D

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

not really... that was 8 or 9 years ago. i know i lurked a lot more than i posted, but my original screenname is long gone, i'm sure.

19. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I lurked for a long time and rarely posted. I'm on my 2nd CC account since in the chaos , of moving, switching Internet providers and email accounts, I forgot my password and had no way to get a new on since the registered email account was disable. So I had to go from St. Lous to Saint Louis. Of course now I'm not in St. Louis anymore. Maybe I should become a newbie again by creating a new account?

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yikes. When I did a search the first post of mine that came up was this.

06-09-2000:

Stupid Newbie. :rolleyes:

#20 The Real Shady, Apr 19, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2006