1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember all the hopes that we had before the season...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ai_111, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Remember how the board went crazy when Artest got traded in Houston. Everyone was like WOW! We are now one of the best team in the league. Some even thought that we would be ahead of the Lakers. We werent even talking about the first round. We were only talking about getting to the WCF and Finals.

Now, T-Mac came up with his season ending injury and then Alston just got traded for some craps. 2008-2009 Rockets team may be the most disappointing Rockets team ever and also, the best team to never get healthy and play together.

2. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

I would say the year with Pippen was more disappointing. Or the years around that year, but this one is definately up there.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

PG Alston (Done)
    SG McGrady (Done)
    SF Battier
    PF Scola
    C Yao

Bench:
    Artest
    Landry
    Brooks (Now that starter)

Oh what could of been.

4. redao

redao Member

I had exact opposite feeling. I did not think Rockets can contend with Rafer playing 30 minutes a night no matter who you bring in. Now with new PGs, we might win something.

5. Landlord Landry

I remember countless knee-jerk Rafer threads after many of games this season. hmmm.....now it seems like we just traded Kenny Smith.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Seems like it was just yesterday.

7. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

TMAC's injury is FAKE!
    The injury he claims cannot be shown as negative on MRI. I play with MRI images every day.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

You guys are so ****ing pessimistic. Am I the only one here who isn't baaaaaawing over Alston being traded for Lowry.

The season isn't over. Things can happen.

9. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

I really hope that it s fake and that he come back to play.

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I have that feeling every offseason just to be dissapointed when playoff time comes.

11. HoustonFan4Life

I couldn't of said it any better myself. I've thought this way for a while now and even if this is not the immediate answer at least it will pave the way for the Rockets to make a significant upgrade at PG sooner rather than later.