1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Remember 2004, before you say there is no chance for Bosh!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BetterThanEver, Jul 1, 2010.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Do you remember the summer of 2004, when McGrady demanded a trade? Many fans said that we had no chance of landing him. Rumors had him going to Phoenix, Indiana, Miami and Portland.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/magic/2004-06-23-magic-trade-talk_x.htm

2. amaru

amaru Member

Of course there is a chance...its just very small.

I would say good find, but he who shall not be named is hated on these boards.

and I was in this thread before Tinman and Co. :p

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

To all the experts and idiots out there who have decided the fate of Bosh without considering Houston a legit threat think again...

OK here is the deal.... go to Chicago and Miami and lose your supporting cast... come to Houston and play with Yao, the most dominant center in the past decade, and Aaron Brooks, the best three point shooter last year and most improved player. That right there IS a big three. On top of that, you have really strong supportive players in each position to make sure that no one person has to carry the team. You don't get that with Miami, Chicago, Toronto, and most teams that have gutted talent to buy talent. The Rockets have BUILT up enormous amounts of talent on the cheap, which puts them in a prime spot to trade for Bosh, Give him a lot of money, and still have the man power to win a championship.

Also, it's Daryl F*ing Morey people. The man jedi mind tricks people for fun, and this time, he doesn't have to.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/192062/daryl-morey.jpg

4. Laozi

Laozi Member

I think the Bosh situation is more akin to the pursuit of Antonio McDyess, but this time if it doesn't work we're not going to get saddled with Mo Taylor

5. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

I think the year we went after McDyess and missed out, we were saddled with Pippen.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sounds like we had a better chance at McLady back then than we do now with Bosh.

7. mazinger

mazinger Member

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Tmac openly said he wanted to pair with yao at that time. That's the reason we get him.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

The national media didn't even knew we existed till about 12:01 am eastern today, we all knew Morey would make a play and a dam good play for Bosh but the media seems to think we came out of left field lol.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

because reporters are biased toward cities they like.

People outside of Houston dislike our city... hell, a lot of people within it don't like it.

11. SMUSMU

SMUSMU Member

I think it was reported that Aaron Brooks would be included in the SNT for Bosh.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

that was a speculative assumption the reporter used to give an example of how a S&T might look between the two teams.

13. blackistan

blackistan Member

Damn Orlando couldve had joe johnson and marion..looking back that is a way better deal than stevie cat and kato..WOW

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

... and just like T-mac Bosh is a superstar that has yet to really get out of the first round.

Sorry, I had to ;)

15. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

if you add his numbers vs his west con counterparts +the fact that the raptors are almost d-league team (real talent don"t pay that tax &freeze at the same time) i think you get a great overpaid player for a few years&if you sign him you will pay a lot

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey, sometimes the truth hurts. :grin:

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

There is something people aren't taking into account when they think we'll just have two allstars on the team... what about the hot shot stars we will have in Aaron Brooks and the oft quiet and forgotten one?

[​IMG]

"Hey media and forgetful fans, remember me? Oh..."

18. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

I know it's Morey's job to go after anyone he feels will make the Rockets better. Bosh will end up in Miami or Chicago and follow his buddies and the Rockets will be better for it.

He's a talented player, but he's not worth giving them the whole farm!

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What are you talking about? From your post it looks like Houston is the best team in the NBA with Bosh. What?

We don't know what will happen with Yao. He will PROBABLY be a non factor for most of the season and maybe (I hope not) there will be setbacks.

So it is not that easy. Cause if I am Bosh I am going to Miami. I am playing with DWade and if they can sign other good pieces we are heading fot the championship. Belive me, once Bosh will sign with Miami, Wade will be the best player in the game cause he will be MOTIVATED.

But Bosh said he wants to be THE guy so that means to me that winning may not be the most important thing. Maybe he will just be satisfied with playing hard minutes, being a leader and scoring 25 + ppg and 10+ rpg and maybe he will want to make a good run at MVP.

20. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

I just can't wait until we get Bosh though.