1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs will crack down on the "Harden rule"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden is the best player in the NBA.

He's unreal on offense.

I watched the NBA for a very very long time.

And I can say this with certainty.

Just like with the Hakeem we had never seen a player like him before he didn't compare to anyone.

James Harden is the same. I have never seen a player like him to be his size with the strength and height but to be able to dribble like a pg and get anywhere on the court at will is pretty amazing. His handle is insane his scoring is alltime and than he just happens to be one of the best passer to play in the last decade. The guy is a top 10 offensive player off alltime Iv said it many times and I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face.

We got ourselves a real one in James Harden. It took a long time to get a true franchise alltime guy in a rockets uniform. We thought we had one with tmac but this guy harden is the truth, and he's only 28 and locked in to this city for another 6 years.

Good time my friends.

DaDakota, Mathloom, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  2. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

casual fans would scoff and even the average nba fan wouldn't take the time to think it through

but once you actually watch what he can do and consider that he has single-handedly been beating EVERYONE besides the warriors (kd+russ, cavs, spurs, etc.), you realize the truth

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

when i toggle over from other games on LP to watch the rockets, the difference offensively is very noticeable -- while other (even considered good) teams end up having to settle for contested shot after contested shot, harden just makes everything look so easy breaking down defenses and creating open looks at will.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, there’s been a few times where I thought Harden should’ve gotten the continuation and he didn’t or should’ve went to the line but they called it on the floor

I’m not gonna lie tho, Harden’s been my favorite player for a long time, but it’s more enjoyable seeing Harden just getting buckets and not hunting for fouls or going to the line 10+ times

he’s also proving the dumb casual fans who act like he can’t score without free throws wrong...it’s still a little crazy that he’s only averaging 5 free throws a game so far tho

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed. Still kinda sucks if he's the only one who's going to get the treatment by the refs...watching Derozan getting calls like he's Lebron is ridiculous tbh.

Reeko likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

francis 4 prez likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Adam Silver and the rest of the Competition Committee need to hold this L

they targeted Harden, and he’s shown them that u can’t neuter greatness

Harden is still averaging over 10 free throws a game, leads the league in scoring by a wide margin, and is having the best season of his career

I love this version of Harden that is more focused on getting buckets

8. 1234567

1234567 Member

Can you imagine what Hardens ppg is if there was no Harden rule?

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think they actually helped us so much. Harden was whining about how refs call things in the playoffs instead of just adjusting to something he can't change. Now he's had better practice at how things will be called in the playoffs. Harden rule will be tighter than now, but he knows what to do when it's not there. I love it. It couldn't have worked out better, and I was a biiiiit concerned that he might not be able to adjust. We are rocking now.

Harden is f'in unstoppable right now. I can't believe my eyes how easily he's just toasting people. I can't imagine anyone but Kawhi can slow him down right now. Sure he'll slump at some point and people will freak out, but he has been out of this world for 2/3rds of the season. Is Klay Thompson really going to stop him? Forget about it. He has no chance, especially when Chris Paul is wreaking havoc being isolated against Green/Curry/Pachulia all the time.

10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

It would annoy me at times last year when Harden would go into lazy mode looking to get fouled instead of trying to score. We can't underestimate the impact of Paul being able to take over at times and also the overall depth of the team. Harden no longer has to carry the whole offense on his back but when he does take over he is doing it better than ever.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They did Harden a favor.

Those biotch refs show their whistles during playoffs, rule or no rule.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

this new rule was a blessing in disguise...it’s forced Harden to be in permanent get buckets mode...not only is he adjusting to how things might be at times in the playoffs, it’s also brought the added benefit of a lower turnover rate since a lot of the offensive fouls and lost balls after getting stripped in the paint that would occur when he was trying to force fouls are largely gone, and he’s become even more fun to watch now

seeing Harden cook dudes in isolation is my favorite thing to watch in the NBA

Jake Tower, RyanB and waytookrzy079 like this.
  13. lionaire

lionaire Member

They tried to neutralize the Beard.

They tried.

RyanB likes this.