1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs sucked but the Knicks...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Freak, Jan 12, 2001.

1. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Are the biggest bunch of floppers in the game today. They should be ashamed of themselves. That last one against Walt was unbelievable! The Knick (I forget who) totally dove in front of him and then flew backwards and they didn't even touch!

Karl Malone, you are now relegated to the number 2 flopper. The entire Knick team are the floppers of the year.

And about the refs...Shandon wasn't touched either on that drive at the end and the could have easily called the foul for LJ on the very last shot. I know he leaned in, but they were giving that crap all night.

[This message has been edited by Rocket Freak (edited January 12, 2001).]

2. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Didn't you know they go to "Flopping 101" during training camp???

------------------
    If you are a positive thinking person but yet you listen to country music, isn't that odd?

3. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

RocketFreak,

If you look at the replay of the Shannon shot, watch where Camby's right hand is. IT is right in the stomach of Shannons while he was shooting, so it was a good call. I thought the same as you did until I watched the replay this morning on my tape.

As far as Larry's hot, even he said it should have been a no call.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

4. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Larry's hot??? Is there something you want to tell us???

------------------
    Jazzkiller

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

LOL, good one slcrocket.

Anyway...the Knicks just passed up Malone, Stockton, and Reggie on the list of "Top Floppers". Now I see why they've held so many teams under 100, although we probably still wouldnt have scored that if we had gotten the right calls.

------------------

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to agree that there was no foul to be called on LJ's last shot. And it's too bad for him that he tried to draw the foul -- he might have actually hit the shot if he concentrated on it instead of Mo's body. Great defense by Mo Taylor.

------------------
    RealGM
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary
    Gafford Art
    Artisan