1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs for tonights game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, May 8, 2019.

1. sheb

sheb Member

Houston @ Golden State - May 8

Ken Mauer (#41)
    Jason Phillips (#23)
    Kane Fitzgerald (#5)
    Scott Wall (#31)

Come on Clutchfans... give me some analysis on these guys and the Rockets in the playoffs

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Who gives a Shat?!?!?

#2 Roc Paint, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. today

today Contributing Member

seemoreroyals likes this.
  4. Purvis's shorts

No idea who they are. Which is a good thing.

tmoney1101, RockingRox, leroy and 2 others like this.
  5. sheb

sheb Member

6. Roc Paint

I have an idea, don’t put it in their damn hands!

BallSoHarden, LUK3, kjayp and 4 others like this.
  7. DCballer

DCballer Member

Looks like Ken Mauer has one of the lowest home team win percentages. :)

LUK3 and bilaal14 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Nook

Nook Member

I am always suspect relying on recent information concerning referee assignments but this entire crew has called more fouls on the home team than the away team. Overall they are in the middle on foul calls.

Ideally the Rockets need to take advantage and win game 5, because they are going to run into Foster/Brothers again in either game 6 or 7.

We REALLY want to avoid Brothers in a game 7. He has historically favored the home team.

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You don't know who Ken Mauer is?

- Mauer calls the 4th most fouls of any ref in the playoffs, thus far.
    - Home team has won 2/7 times. Phillips/Fitz are about 50%, 2/4.
    - This whole trio is top 12 and probably #1 crew who calls the most fouls. I believe this is the first time they've crewed together this postseason. This game will be VERY TIGHTLY called, based on what I'm seeing.
    - These refs, all 3 of them, have the lowest "Foul % Against Road Team" and are AT THE VERY TOP for highest "Foul % Against Home Team...

Whoa...

Come to this conclusion for yourself but it's fairly obvious.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Oh **** .......... I forgot about Paul with Mauer.

At least Harden didn't get involved.

Mauer looks like an extra from Good Fellas...... total greaser type that does heroin at a truck stop bathroom after paying a 15 year old prostitute with vape juice and a cinnabon.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If that’s who the refs are, we’re stuck with them. This will be the first game that group has officiated in this series, right? Mauer sucks, in my opinion. I know that much.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

After the Linebacker comment and physicality part I believe this will be a tightly called game.

JW86, mikol13, waytookrzy079 and 2 others like this.
  14. Voltik

Voltik Member

Nice to know all this but doesn’t matter. NBA in any Worriers and Rockets series has called it in favor of the Worriers, except Game 2 of this year and last year. Based on the L2M of these games, I believe the Rockets report/analysis is probably even more in favor of Worriers than they believe or report. Rockets need to play well for 48 minutes to offset the corruption.

Atleast it’s not Foster or Brothers. That’s the only thing that I care to know about of all these sh!tty refs.

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You believe?

Well, based off stats it will be very tightly called and in favor of Houston... if you're a betting man (+6). I don't wanna hear any excuses tonight as this favors us. This couldn't be a better crew for a road team. If the Rockets hustle and play their game, they can win.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... all of this goes back to when Phil Jackson would make some passive aggressive comment about the officiating and magically the next game would be called differently.

Steve Kerr has been doing this crap for years and the Rockets do too...... they are taking turns complaining about the way the game is being called. Kerr felt it was too physical inside so he made his linebacker comment. He should be careful what he asks for, because it could result in 15-20 free throws for Harden.......... and if the Rockets win, it will switch to Harden not really being fouled.

It really shouldn't be like this.

17. Voltik

Voltik Member

You believe?

Doesn’t matter, this isn’t just about refs (except Brothers who is simply crap manifestation of a man) it’s more about the NBA.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dont put it in their damn heads.....?

Are you serious....? Like theres not already the league office, las vegas or their own ulterior motives in their damn heads. Im pretty damn sure clutchfans has no bearing on how the game is going to be called and has no effect of what goes on "in their damn heads" throughout the course of the game.

**** mauer

Little Bit likes this.
  19. Roc Paint

Sure as hell don’t want to leave it up to you

20. Voltik

Voltik Member

What happens when Curry, Durant, and Green fall down on minimal to no contact as they have been doing throughout this series? I doubt those calls are ignored after Kerr’s comments. Typically when Rockets make those comments (fined afterwards) it’s ignored or spun off another way by the media.