1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Refs are not gonna let Yao play in Game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Apr 26, 2007.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

With all the talk of Jerry Sloan doing his usual b****ing and complaining about the refs, of course they are not gonna let Yao play. Watch he'll pick up two fouls guarding Boozer in the like the first minute. And then he'll come back and have that b**** Jarron Collins flop or even Okur, and Yao will be out. It's almost a guarantee that the refs will not let Yao play. Utah has some crazy fans, and I really think their homecourt is one of the best if not the best, because referees will want to please those crazy mormons. Tmac might have to score 60, and it's a shame!

2. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

We will take 2 wins back home,believe me!

3. lethe

lethe Member

Also worry about it too,I think Yao will get a "special care" in Utah,but I still believe rocketsmen will give us a "3:0"

4. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

maybe we'll get Bavetta as a ref or someone that doesn't do the homecourt advantage referee game

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can we say paranoid?

6. Tommy

Tommy Member

as Tmac said earlier after practice, they might have crazy fans, but they couldn't play for them.

7. sharprain

sharprain Member

But the refs may try to please them :( .
    I am worried after i watched yesterday's game betwen warriors and Mavs.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The foul calls from last game were all totally clear. A bunch came near the end of the game, when the Jazz intentionally fouled. A bunch more were intentional fouls on Yao and Tracy. These were not ticky-tack calls. Sloan or one of the Jazz even said that's the way they have to play D against Houston; Yao kind of said the same. In other words, the fouls are not unexpected by the Jazz. Look at how often the players were NOT complaining about the foul calls in game 2, Boozer for instance. I would say that in Utah the Jazz are going to get more calls than they did last game, but I don't think the Rockets' calls will go down.

9. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

that was some of the worst officiating i've seen. Hopefully the warriors beat the mavs so we don't have to deal with that stuff.