1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Referees] 21 Drives, Zero Foul Calls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 27, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is outrageous. People complain about Harden not being aggressive enough. He drove 21 times into the lane and got ZERO foul calls.

You actually have a group of people (constant complainers to be fair) who are bashing him for not settling for mid range jumpers. Think about this for a minute. The new attack on him is that he shouldn't be trying to get to the basket he should just settle for mid range jump shots.

Outrageous. That game was outrageous. Durant took 10 FTs in the first quarter all on touch fouls. Harden got knocked down on 3 different 3 point attempts with no foul call. The only time they called fouls was after Chris Paul and D'Antoni berated them halfway through the third for only calling 1 foul on the Warriors. They called a few more and then put the whistle away again.

Zergling, BigM, cbs1507 and 49 others like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's too obvious they just want the game 7 because they're greedy, as if having CP3 out wasn't enough for them.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are disciplined on Hardens drives they are not reaching and he is initiating the contact, they might have missed a couple but the majority are not fouls, they adjusted, he needs to adjust.

This is why teams get tougher on him in a series as they learn his tricks and get better at countering them.

DD

4. rocketsmetalspd

21 drives no FTs well that is ok according to some here on BBS but seriously the game was at the Oracle what do people here expect. As for game 7 being at the Toyota Center it will be more of the same I suspect,seems the refs will let the players decide a game 7(I am hoping). The game will come down to the dreaded 3rd quarter, IF the Rockets can have a big lead at the end of the 3rd the Rockets will win!! H-Town Crazy!! Go Rockets!!

jojolover likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden drove 21 total times throughout the entire game?

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Golden State’s strategy is to show a hand or two in the air to the ref before a Harden drive. Their tactic is to run their body through Harden. On the way to the rim and at the rim. The refs are too hard wired to look at hands and miss the body all the time. All the while the actual reaching comes from the help defense

#6 clutch citizen, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

They aren't taking him across the arms ... but no way are they staying vertical .

When someone slams into laterally ... that's a foul . But they aren't calling it .

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That's what I've been screaming on Reddit. One team is driving based and the other is a jump shooting team.

The difference in free throws should be significantly in our favor almost ever game.

9. justtxyank

I wonder if you watched replays that showed you were clearly wrong here whether you would admit it. I doubt it.

You used to kill him for taking jump shots, now you kill him for driving. Basically you will just criticize no matter what.

Multiple times he was hacked across the arms (as usual). Steph Curry holds him every time he's switched on to him and gets called for nothing. Draymond Greed literally went and stood in the restricted area to block his drive. They plow into his body on almost every drive now. The list goes on and on. On four three point plays he was knocked out of the air, they called one of them a foul.

EVEN REGGIE MILLER CALLED THE OFFICIALS OUT.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

BigMaloe, D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pretty blatant. Oh well. League wants the Warriors. The ratings will be better. I guess I understand.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

13. DaDakota

I see no foul there, Harden is pushing off with his off hand and initiating contact.

DD

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Here's the real question .... will we care if they gift wrap game 7 for us ?

DreamShook likes this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

riiiiight. in any case, are you familiar with the defensive 3 second rule?

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Do you not see a foul at least on draymond .

He does not go straight up and down .he definitely steps into James. Also you can see his hand push harden down .

Thefabman, tmactoyao, Reeko and 6 others like this.
  17. DaDakota

That I was screaming about all night.

But watch Green he is very smart he steps out enough on most possessions.

DD

18. justtxyank

Green's been doing it all series. The refs are afraid of him it seems.

19. GageD

GageD Member

the 3rd was aggravating at I wanted to throw the remote at the screen. some thing was not right.

napalm06 likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ok so at least we agree donkey was given unusual leeway to park in the paint. adding the 4 bs offensive fouls called on us, the various phantom fouls awarded to kd/curry, the numerous moving screens ignored (they actually called one of them which was a pleasant surprise) -- what is your threshold for the number of 'missed' calls favoring only one of the teams for this to be considered a rig job on the whole?

edit: i remember you posting last night that EGO was getting no calls when hacked on his drives all game -- so please factor those 'missed calls' in as well :D