1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reece Gaines

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Boo, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

What did you guys think of Gaines play against the Sixers? IIRC, he was 0-6 on the floor, but I kinda liked his defense, hustle, and aggressiveness. So...opinions please....

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is just like Boki, has ability but is trying too hard out there.

Get him some time and a role and he will contribute.

IMHO.

DD

3. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

i agree with you DD...i was a bit frustrated that boki didn't get to play last nite

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Gaines reminds me of Michael Dickerson somewhat. He's not as lightning quick but I noticed (1)he has the same shooting form, (2)plays some stingy defense and (3) wears his socks the same way as well.

I think he can eventually be an effective player if he is given a chance.

5. weivos

weivos Member

yall are crazy. gaines sucks hard! cant dribble, pass, or shoot. he dribbles like he has two left hands (if you're right-handed and cant dribble with your left hand of course) and passes the ball to his teammates all off target. it never goes to their target arm or to the chest. they always have to reach for the ball on one of his passes. basically what im trying to say is that he has no fundamentals at all. im surprised he even played college ball.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He doesn't look like a NBA caliber player to me.

7. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

I thought he had no business being out there, and didn't add a thing. Hopefully it was just the jitters and they're behind him.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I would rather have had Boki's same hustle out there. At least he has shown this year that he can hit the open 3.

That's what we have been waiting for him to due for 3 years.

Gaines has energy and is a lot quicker than Boki but i don't think he brought that much to the team last night honestly.