1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Dead Redemption sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This game would be perfect to kill that downtime in the van whilst traveling. No xbox live needed to explore and play hours easily.

2. donkeypunch

Even with the disc, you still have to wait for a download when you insert.

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Don't you still have to install it or something? It's been awhile since I bought a physical copy but it seems like I always had to wait for a download and install after popping in the disk that was just released.

Edit: didn't see donkeypunch's post above.

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

standard edition, special edition, or the ultimate edition? link below for the difference and what comes with the pre orders.
    https://www.gottabemobile.com/red-dead-redemption-2-which-edition-to-buy/

Castor27 likes this.
  5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Personally, I like not having to switch discs. May go digital on this one, especially since it's like 108GB.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

108 gigs... is that 4k using the space or did they make it the size of 400 San Andreas maps?

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm positive the textures have something to do with it, but there's also a lot of lighting data etc. This is their first game being made for this "generation" of systems (Xbox One X/PS4 Pro).

Another example is they have about 200 species of animal that all behave dynamically and can interact with each other. I can only imagine how much code that is for 1 aspect of the game.

It's all about the details, and from what I've read this game has them at every level.

Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like I'll be needing to add a HD for my xb one before too long.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very happy I recently put a 2TB internal drive into my PS4

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

I never buy the special editions. Think they are losing money. They should just sell me on the fact that I'm getting $100 worth of video game, build a games worth $100, make it one price, and see if it impacts their bottom line. I would still buy. For a game of this magnitude, I don't think it would cut sales, but maybe. I don't like micro transactions either, but that's digestable if I really want some content like an Astros hat to plunk my astro girl with. But if you show me I can buy the game for $59 rather than $100, I'm taking the lesser anvil every time.

Poloshirtbandit and Blatz like this.
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't want games to start costing $100, because then they'll just make every game cost $100.

I remember when games were $50, as soon as Sony and MS started charging $60 Nintendo followed suit.

12. Poloshirtbandit

IIRC Nes and SNES games were in the $50-$60 range. PS1 games were in the $30-$40 range but having to buy those memory cards was a killer. I stopped buying Nintendo after SNES so not sure what N64 games were going for.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nes and snes games were definitely only $50, and so were N64 games with exceptions here and there.

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Damn I might have to buy a game system for this

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's essentially why I bought my Xbox One X. I haven't been playing **** else on it. (I play Fortnite/Rocket League/Destiny on PC mostly as of late)

16. donkeypunch

Just a heads up, once you connect and transfer files to an external hard from the xbox, it becomes dedicated to it. So dont go overboard on gigs since you wont be able to use it on multi-platforms.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Wait. So I won't be able to use the external HD on a computer even if it's a Windows 10 computer, right? But I would be able to transfer that xbox one HD between different xbox ones, right?

18. donkeypunch

No to the PC and I dont really know with xbox to xbox. Im sure it would be okay, it would have to be.......

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well that sucks to have to pay that much for an add-on to my Xbox instead of saving for the Xbox One-x. I have a 1 terabyte HD that is about half full, but I won't have too much left after the Red Dead II download.

Thanks for giving me the information on this. I appreciate the tip.

donkeypunch likes this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vulture: The Making of Red Dead Redemption 2
    • The main story mission is ~65 hours long.
    • The finished game includes 300,000 animations, 500,000 lines of dialogue, and many more lines of code.
    • “Even the peds [RDR2’s non-playable characters] have 80-page scripts — each.” And there are 1,000+ of them.
    • The final script for Red Dead Redemption 2’s main story was about 2,000 pages. But if he were to include all the side missions and additional dialogue, and stack the pages, Dan estimates the pile “would be eight feet high.”
    I'm starting to feel like Cartman awaiting the Nintendo Wii.

Yung-T likes this.