1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Recs] Heart Rate Monitor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ChumpCity, Jan 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I am looking at buying my first heartrate monitor for workouts, and I would like to educate myself a bit on what is available on the market. So, I am looking to the clutchfan community for any experiences/advice they may have with these products....

A co-worker recommended Polar F7/T3 combo, but I am not sure that is the one for me. Any guidance you guys have regarding this would be greatly appreciated...

I willing to spend b/w $100-200, and am more concerned about functionality/quality than bells/whistles.

2. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

This is below your price range, but it gets the job done without any issues and has good reviews to boot. I too considered more expensive/fancy HRMs, but ended up going with this one and have no regrets about it.

3. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Don't buy Garmin. Their soft "premium" strap is awful. Tons of issues with mine, and other family members/ friends that have Garmin.

When it works it's great. It just doesn't very often.

4. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Thanks for the input guys. It is much appreciated.

I've been doing some online research and heard the same thing about Garmin.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got the Polar FT7 for x-mas and it's been good for me. I've been using it 4-5 times a week and it's held up nicely so far. I thought the chest strap would be more annoying but I forget it's there after a couple of minutes.

I will add that one of the cool features is that if you are on a treadmill, stationary bike, etc, your watch will sync and display your heart rate on the machine.

#5 DonkeyMagic, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I have the FT4. Not as many features as higher models but it does what I need it to do.

7. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Thanks Donkey and Magic. It is becoming more and more evident that Polar is the way to go...

8. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Apologies....[FIXED] :)